Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

Karman Sutra

135390 Views 646 Replies 67 Participants Last post by  Fiatdude
Well, another car, another new begining, another name added to the list -- -- The Oval is dead, long live the Ghia -- stripping the last of the gofast parts off the oval and then it goes on the block -- in the mean time here is the newest victim of my abuse -- more pictures in
the future and as work SLOWLY progresses lol

See less See more
641 - 647 of 647 Posts
A couple of days after I posted that I woke up to this

It's been in the teens and 20's F since so the snow hasn't melted yet
See less See more
Damn -- -- It seems like just last week it was running

See less See more
Welllllll, Six months later and 3 house rehab projects later....

New parts have arrived, case has been machined, long barrels machined, new cam, new pistons and some total seal rings..... Now I'm looking for all that ambition (OK any ambition) to get started working on this old thing.....

New Parts

I'm trying to see some new swing arms setting here.... Might have to break out some more ambition. LOL

See less See more
SOOOO, been sweating my butt off when I'm outdoors, so turn on the a/c in the shop and decided to do some stuff on the Ghia...

And of course there has to be some drama.... Opened the box that has held my new TMI carpet kit for a few years... Yep it's Black!! CHECK

Opened the box that has held my new door panels for 6-7 years... Yep, they're bla...c.... .. DAMN

OH Well, on they go .. .. Wait a minute -- Damn no rear panels … Gots to love stuff...

OK, Time to start putting in the carpet kit... Houston we going to have issues

So, I start cutting a little here and a little there --- Squeezing my BIG old butt in between the bars, under the bars.... Only got stuck a few times and only took 2 bottles of Ivory soap to get me out LOL.. In the end, I think there was more shards of the carpet on the floor than in the car.....

Now I just have in invent some rear panels to put into the car and I need to find some Door sills …..

Anybody know where I can get some???

Thanks for reading....
See less See more
Sold the Ghia today.....
641 - 647 of 647 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.