Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it up there, but unofficial word is Kenny ran a 13-flat, then perhaps dipped into the high 12's at yesterday's NASA race in Redding ???

If confirmed, then that would put Kenny in at least the #5 spot on the UAC quickest T2 list.

Impressive to say the least :headbang:

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Last pass bus ran a 12.931 @ 102.15. at 12:07AM

The bus had way too tall gearing. Almost could made stripe in 3rd. We swapped pressure plates in between rounds and fixed clutch woes. This was in street legal trim on DOT tires.
No power adder's. All motor (IE no ntrious, no turbo). Pictures and video to follow when I have time.

The racetrack grandstands both sides were at capacity. The fan's were all whistling and cheering I was coming down the return road. It was like I was John Force or someone.

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's awesome Kenny.... don't forget to scan in your timeslip and send it over to Brian Watts for consideration of entry into the top 10 list.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
dangerous said:
That is pretty cool Ken!
What engine and tranny did you use?
Motor was a 2332 NA pro gas spec. No power adders.
Trans was a borrowed IRS W/spool. It went 98mph in 3rd. I just barely caught 4th. Tires were 26.75 tall. 3.88 R&P, 4.13 2.46 1.71 1.31
8,200 was shift point rpm in heavy bus. I just had time to throw something together last minute. Real slicks instead of M&H DOT's plus correct gearing would definitely helped a bunch. I doubt that fine tuning combo for improvements is in the cards. It's a one time only shot at fastest top 10. I landed in 5th spot missing 4th by only .07 of a second. Pascals "wind split" race bus was in jeopardy of a bump down on list from my street legal trimmed bus.

·
Premium Member
9,004 Posts
Pssstt...Kenny, there is a closer track that may have better air in the evening...By the way I must be reading a different top 10 ..I have you taking 4th on the UAC list and bumping Lang to 5th....

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
The bus was just driven to Santa Cruz for 4 day's over mothers day. It's never down. It was cruised down Rio Del Mar beach where we rented an ocean front house Fri.~ Mon. Another reason I got behind at shop. My daughter wanted to cruise it by herself for a beer run & I said "No Way" LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts