Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
July 19, 2008 - NASA Race 5

Lynn Urrutia continues to be the overall leader in the 2008 NASA Pro-VW Drag Racing Series. Most recently, Lynn followed her last win by scoring yet another win. The back-2-back wins has her leading her closest competitor, Chris Brown by 100 points.
Focus, determination, and maybe some good luck charms have helped her in the winning streak. Riding along with Lynn in decorative urns are ashes from recently passed beloved pets Boscha, Ghia, and Boy-Boy. More importantly another urn along for the ride are ashes from her dad Richard Johnson, and a handful of lucky pennies commemorating the recent passing of her father in law, Zeke Urrutia.
Lynn is on track to become the first woman to win the NASA Championship. Next challenge for Lynn is the all important Double Points race. A good showing for her in this event may be just enough to put her over the top and secure her a place in the record books.
In the meantime Lynn plans to race at BOR 62, NASA in Redding, and will also vie for a "Wally" at the NHRA National Dragster Challenge also held in Redding.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Congradulations Lynn. You are awesome. Now you all see why I don't race (besides not having a race car-LOL), I would hate to have to tell my VW buddies that I got beat by a girl. OUCH.

I am looking forward to seeing Lynn at some of those races. GO BAD DOG RACING

My condolences on the recent passing of your family members. Friday was actually 1 year since my Mom passed and it is still hard to handle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts