Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Wow, what great detail.

Years ago I built one of the Revell Bug models into a chopped full tube framed drag bug. I built the entire frame out of regular round stock plastic bought from the local hobby shop. I used the picture of Adam Wiks race bug on the cover of Hot VWs mag to build the frame. The car had a master cylinder and brake lines going to each wheel. I even went as far as putting a throttle cable going from the pedals to the cross bar linkage, made from a single strand of wire. I used an engine and trans from a very detailed Porsche model kit. I also cut the front of the car off the look like a 1 peice fiberglass front end.
Well years ago, one of my young sons got a hold of it and now it is gone. Wish I had pictures but, sorry don't.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
buggdude67 said:
Wow, what great detail.

Years ago I built one of the Revell Bug models into a chopped full tube framed drag bug. I built the entire frame out of regular round stock plastic bought from the local hobby shop. I used the picture of Adam Wiks race bug on the cover of Hot VWs mag to build the frame. The car had a master cylinder and brake lines going to each wheel. I even went as far as putting a throttle cable going from the pedals to the cross bar linkage, made from a single strand of wire. I used an engine and trans from a very detailed Porsche model kit. I also cut the front of the car off the look like a 1 peice fiberglass front end.
Well years ago, one of my young sons got a hold of it and now it is gone. Wish I had pictures but, sorry don't.
I found the box that the frame and motor were stored in. Here they are. This is all that is left. I did have a chop top Revell bug body that was painted. The lines running down the side of the frame are positive battery cable on drivers side and fuel line on passenger side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts