Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Re: Anyone else see this? Hmmm......

i think an altered would be cool.

i always dug watching the pizzo bros run theres...

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Re: Anyone else see this? Hmmm......

Dean N said:
i think an altered would be cool.

i always dug watching the pizzo bros run theres...
I think this is Pizzo's car. No markings, but I think it is their car.

·
Registered
590 Posts
As long as I've been into AC vw drag racing, I have never seen that thing in person. :-\ Good, sell it and come play in PM. ;D ;

·
Registered
161 Posts
16sec65 said:
As long as I've been into AC vw drag racing, I have never seen that thing in person. :-\ Good, sell it and come play in PM. ;D ;
Other than the magazine has anyone ever seen it LOL :DFor a guy who is suppose to "be somebody" in the community he sure is invisible at events!
He builds a awesome car and his detail work is very nice. But it ain't a show car!
Race the damn thing!!
He seems to bitch allot on other forums about safety of tracks and such as the reasons he doesn't attend events but his car runs 8s. Plenty of faster cars race the same tracks just fine without incident

I don't know the guy be on the forums he comes across with an attitude.

·
Registered
18 Posts
All throttle n bottle said:
16sec65 said:
Other than the magazine has anyone ever seen it LOL :DFor a guy who is suppose to "be somebody" in the community he sure is invisible at events!
He builds a awesome car and his detail work is very nice. But it ain't a show car!
Race the damn thing!!
He seems to bitch allot on other forums about safety of tracks and such as the reasons he doesn't attend events but his car runs 8s. Plenty of faster cars race the same tracks just fine without incident

very true. marty seems like a nice guy but he sure doesnt do much to support the sceen. he complains alot about tracks and safty and stuff but never brings his car out to support the evnt, even when the event is right down the road from his house (fontana). Look at the paradice crew always there no matter what. how can a guy expect to get everyones busness when he doesnt come out to any events? I try to do my busness with the guys who support the events and the racers.

sac raceway holds 3000 + horsepower cars all day long. why does marty think it wont hold his 700? and those racers driving into the 6's and 5's sure dont seem to have a problem with the safty crew there either.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
In case you didn’t know, Marty was at Fontana helping his customers run their cars. His car has been side-lined waiting on parts. Marty is very dedicated to his customers first, as well as when he does race; it is with his Father at the PSCA events.

Trust me, if he would have had his parts he would have been at Fontana!

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dominick Luppino said:
In case you didn’t know, Marty was at Fontana helping his customers run their cars. His car has been side-lined waiting on parts. Marty is very dedicated to his customers first, as well as when he does race; it is with his Father at the PSCA events.

Trust me, if he would have had his parts he would have been at Fontana!
Marty does some UNBELIEVABLE work, no question about it. And from what I understand he does take good care of his customers. But man, for what his stuff costs, he BETTER take care of em!!

;D

·
Registered
590 Posts
16sec65 said:
Race the damn thing!!

I have seen a few people give Marty the ol' " Hey man, get that thing out here, we want to see it! lol" type thing and have yet to see Marty NOT get his panties in a twist. :-\ I have noticed that Marty gets very defensive when people talk about his car. I have talked to Marty on the CLF and picked up on quite a bit of arrogance and sarcasm. :p Sure we all can be both of those some times, but I guess I expected him to be more helpful like all of his customers say he is. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Might I make a suggestion to the members.

Lets not blast the guy too much until the board is public and he can come on and defend himself.

Not that you guys have crossed a line at all, just think it will be a better discussion when the man can defend himself either way.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
16sec65 said:
16sec65 said:
Race the damn thing!!

I have seen a few people give Marty the ol' " Hey man, get that thing out here, we want to see it! lol" type thing and have yet to see Marty NOT get his panties in a twist. :-\ I have noticed that Marty gets very defensive when people talk about his car. I have talked to Marty on the CLF and picked up on quite a bit of arrogance and sarcasm. :p Sure we all can be both of those some times, but I guess I expected him to be more helpful like all of his customers say he is. Just my 2 cents
I have heard nothing but good things about Marty, don't know him personnaly though. You said he gets defensive when people talk about his car as I think he has the right to. When you put the time and effort to build something you take pride in it. Unless you have talked to someone in person I think it is hard to gauge what he is really like (arrogant/sarcastic), talking in forums can sometimes be misleading.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Ok I have read enough on this.
For you guys that are bashing him, you have no feakin idea what you are talking about.
Marty has been more involved in the VW drag racing scene then most of the shops out there besides Paradise. He has clients world wide and building some of the badest cars around.
He supports the classes and pays immediately after a race to the winners.
He goes out of his way to make certain his clients make races. He puts his stuff last to business.
He has been waiting on parts for his car and he is very competitive. He is a perfectioins and refuses to do anything half assed.
He has ran at PSCA races and he also helps his Dad with his racing.
If you ever get a chance to meet him you will eat your words I guarantee it.
His car is for sale becaue he would like to get back into a door slammer and compete.

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
lance gregory said:
His car is for sale because he would like to get back into a door slammer and compete.
That is nothing but great news to hear! Pro Mod would be a great class to showcase what he can do!

I look forward to seeing him run for sure!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts