Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
This is some good info as I want to do this on my Ghia though I would like the arms as long as possible but stay outside the pan. As I plan to raise the trans 1" and framehorns 2- 3" I will have to deal with it a little diff. I don't know if coil overs or torsions will be on my list as of yet.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
What shock length are you going for and where will you start spring wise? 350-450# if I go coil over I will use the QA-1s promostar just need the length they have a 11", 12.5", and 14" probably the 12 or 14 will be better 3-4" total travle and more spring options. These are valved for the front of a v8 so should be close. I will opt for the doule valve adjusters.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Fiatdude said:
I got my 12" long axles for the Fiat through Carcraft in Riverside CA and they worked well and they weren't anywhere near $600

Jim -- keep that swing arm you built -- you only need to change the end where it hiem is attached === I'll draw something up for you -- this is done all the time and works in this situation
With the heim at a 90* insted of 60* won't you get play going in and out from the bearing housing since there is some movement in the heims?

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Agreed, if you see the Notch Ron is doing you will see over kill. One thing is that they all have the inner bar with the angle so that the inward pressure pushes the heim in line not sideways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.