Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking forward to seeing all!

The track does have specific racer parking and I am working on that for our racers. The area behind the tower will be for all small trailers and trucks. The over flow area will be assigned to the camping racers as we can park there Friday and Saturday night. Some asphalt spots will be assigned for the faster points leaders in the Quick class as they are running for the Championship. I will know how many spots within a few days or so.

All gate entry for drivers, crew and spectator will be $10.00. VW . VW racer entry is located in the concession stand $40.00. All entries will receive a free event shirt. The remaining shirts will be sold at the concession stand. Tech for all cars is located behind the concession stand at the tech building. Please be aware that the JR. dragsters will be racing and moving around from 12 pm till 2 pm. They have right of way at Western Colorado Dragway to prevent any and all accidents.

The event gates open at 10 am to avoid the Jr dragsters and to get us all parked and prepared. Please help each other and any new racers at the track. We have always been well taken care of because we, the racers, take care at the track. If there are any issues , find Eric Madson at his trailer. I will work directly with the track on any situation. Two to three test runs will be allowed. An all VW consolation race will occur if the weather does not present a problem. This entry is an additional $25.00 at the consession stand available to all first round racers who fail to win. This total purse will be split between the winner and runner up. This is a combined VW class.

Please let me know of any concerns and we will see you all real soon.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm just about ready for the trip to Colorado next weekend. Just have to load the car in the trailer and get the fire extinguishers serviced!

THUMBS UP SMALL

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was hoping someone could post up a VW MANIA flier. I worked myself out of my supply! Thanks again to all who support the MSVWRA. The line up looks great and the fun about to start. I hope all can attend and have a easy trip to Grand Junction.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I should have my stuff ready to roll tomorrow or Sunday. I checked my car over today and will get the truck fueled and everything connected back together over the weekend.
I am looking forward to some :crazydriver: in Grand Junction.

Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
The Lamb Clan and 3 cars are ready to get their race on in Junction!! Can't wait to see everyone and have a great time!!

Travel safely everyone! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'd better get the awards finished up. The artwork is ready to roll and I've got some plaques to produce.....who will be taking home the big silver champion cups this year???
I have some personal business to take care of in sportsman this year, I lost by something like 3 thousandths last year, it was one of the best races I had the opportunity to lose in my racing career!!!
Should be a great time as usual, it will be nice to see everyone again.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is a great place to race and have fun.

The folks who support this association are the best in the VW racing business. We have had some interesting attitudes and some specific grape vine issues but those types tend to find themselves looking in from the outside. All organizations have the interesting soles among the 10 percent rule. Karma is a funny beast some days...LOL.

We don't seem to care about any of the drama on this side of the fence. All are welcome to come and have a great time. Just check the issues at the door and come have a blast with us. Buddies, Beer and then Racing...that's our intent!.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks To Everyone This Weekend,Had A Blast,About The Worst Thing That Happened Was Running Your Best Back To Back And The You Discover Your Intake Manifold Breaks,But If That's The Worst Thing Then That's Allright,Thanks To The Sponsors,Madsen Family For The Breakfast,Steve Stewart For The Friday BBQ And Beers,See You All Next Time

·
Registered
233 Posts
The Lamb Clan had a great time!! Thanks Steve for the BBQ and fun at your shop! Thank you Madson family for putting on another great breakfast and awards!!! Thanks to all of the sponsors of this season's race series! Can't wait for Season 3 to begin!!!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great times for sure. Thanks to all. When I get back from the west coast , I will get a year recap for the gang. Thanks again to all. No one does it better then this group of awesome friends and family of the MSVWRA. 2014....WE ARE BACK for the third session!

·
Registered
253 Posts
where are the pics john redding took? the slide show during breakfast was awesome!!

and i know he had to have taken a bunch more, where are they? post'em up!

·
Registered
253 Posts
THUMBS UP SMALL
thanks john!!

oh, and thanks for the advice you gave me at the bbq. i took it and we were able to drop .2 off my dads cars personal best!!
and that was right out of the trailer!!
thats huge for such a simple thing that was free horsepower, now we need some bars, and see what that gets us.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts