Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are close to the start of the season. Days will fly by! I would like to see who is prepping for the new season. May 4Th is the target date to get this rolling in New Mexico. I hope we can see some big car counts at the venue and throughout the season. 32 cars min per event is our goal gang! Grand Junction and Denver pulled it off last year. New Mexico and Utah ....get those VW folks wound up. Thumbs Up

·
Registered
882 Posts
I will have two new babies by the 3rd of May at the latest, so NM is definitely out for me, but I will be driving my car at the SLC race unless I stack it up between now and then. I backed it out and then drove it back into the garage yesterday under its own power. I have no current shots of the car, mainly just photos of the business side of things. This is a fun one from back in 2009.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very cool....I will get with you on those Tee's. Who else is digging in on their car? I have heard of a few new ones and sorry to hear about a few who wont make it. Ryan...sorry I have yet to get to Bandimere. I will try my best to catch you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It went to the body shop today. It needs to have some tuch up work done and I suck at body work. I'll be at Sportcar next week getting the motor ready to go back in.

I don't have any major changes planned. Just some stops on the rear suspension, and a lot of checking and cleaning and adjusting

Bandimere opens on the 12th of April for tech. inspections and the 13th and 14th for Test and Tune. I hope to be there and ready to run.

Dan

·
Registered
62 Posts
Okay it's like 15 days later and time to get motivated. The front steering stops and rear suspension stop mounts are in. I even added about 3lb. of ballast to the roll bar. (I used the Summit kit for the fire bottle.) There is some assembly still required so the only green for me today will be the Brad Penn oil in the motor. :thumbsup:

If all goes well "Old Yeller" should be out of the dog house and running free sometime tomorrow or Tuesday.

Then it will be off to Bandimere (next month) with a set of rubber bus stops and a hacksaw.

Dan

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Time is moving fast. Derricks buggy is ready to load. The ghia is just about ready to go as well. Working on the truck and trailer this month. May will be here soon! New mexico or bust!

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
quick trip said:
Just moved to Denver but still need to get my car here and find a place for it(currently living in an apartment) I will try to make a couple of races
Hi,
Did you get your car to Denver yet?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts