Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mark your calendar now. The 2013 season for the MSVWRA starts on May 4th! The owner of the Albuquerque Dragway at Mesa del Sol called to invite us to run again next year. We hope to have a great turn out again next year!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm looking for some events to possibly attend half way close to me... Where can i find the schedule with where and when info for the races?

Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
253 Posts
vwjunkie53 said:
I'm looking for some events to possibly attend half way close to me... Where can i find the schedule with where and when info for the races?

Thanks
Jason

Check the msvwra announcements page, and go to the denver bugin july 28th thread. madson has listed all the dates.
its the first post:thumbsup:

would be great to have ya show up!! Thumbs Up

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks for the invite, though July 28th wont work for me.. Its like a 13hr drive I would need a couple days off and I cant get out of work unless the shop is closed. We are going to be closed 4th of July week, and for the second week in August. Hoping to find something to go to this year, nothing goes on around me...

Jason

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
We would love to see you in the Rocky Mountains.

The MSVWRA has a facebook page and that will soon have more info for up and coming events. All events will be talked about here on UAC as this is the host website for the association. We are also sending in some info to HOT VWs for the coming event section.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Local Clubs are hosting a Show and Shine at the drag strip as an added attraction this year. Overnighters at the track are okay again. The Track Management is giving us preferred parking again. This event is growing. I'm looking forward to being there.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Great news gang! I think we will see this event grow or sure! I like the track prep and changes. Did anyone work the end of the track by chance?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
eric madson said:
Great news gang! I think we will see this event grow or sure! I like the track prep and changes. Did anyone work the end of the track by chance?
I'm going to try to get to the track this weekend. I'll let you know what the condition is of the off-road course the we call the end of the track. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Its April.....May is just around the corner as you all know. I hope everyone is pulling those cars together. 10 or up to 40 cars at the event....we will have a good time regardless.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
I'm starting to get the engine back together but I most likely can't make this one due to the fuel costs and still catching up from being unemployed last year... If I can pick up a couple sponsors before then (fingers crossed) I will try to make it.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I understand the fuel cost. It is not going way any time soon. New Mexico is the closest and easiest tow for the Denver folks at any rate. Something to think about. Glad to see you working and working on the car Ryan.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So how are all of the cars coming along guys? David, Dean and I have been pretty busy lately but our three cars are ready to go.
I see we have Eric's two cars, the Lamb clan from Slat lake, Eddie from Denver, Dan W. from Colorado Springs and Bruce in Albq.
I hear of some cars from Texas and maybe Arizona. Any one else care to post? Guarenteed purse.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts