Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The owner of the Albuquerque Dragway in New Mexico has offered the Mountain States VW Racing Association (MSVWRA) the opportunity to be the Headline Event at the track for our season opener on May 17, 2014!!

The owner, Robert Costa, said that he has been very pleased with the racers and the caliber of the cars that have participated in the past two events. He has received tons of positive comments from other racers, spectators and his staff about the ability of the VW crowd to put together a quality event!

This will mark the first time in our short history that we have been asked to be the headline event. Mark May 17th on your calendars now and start making plans to attend the High Desert VW Rumble in sunny Albuquerque, New Mexico!
THUMBS UP SMALL

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I am so impressed!

This was a group effort to find a place and sanction for those of us who are miles away from the coast. As it stand we are now the event headliner in New Mexico , Grand Junction and race within the only all VW event in the Rockies. I have spoke to our MSVWRA members in Utah, who have been told by the staff at Salt Lakes venue, that the MSWVRA event was one of the largest spectator crowds for the 2013 season.

I would say we have, in two years, become a success! The schedules are being worked out for 2014. My expectation is May....NEW MEXICO, June....UTAH, July.....DENVER CO and August....GRAND JUNCTION CO.

The average car count per event has been in the mid to high twenties. The cars racing for points have been averaging twenty in QUICK VW and five in SPORT VW. All locations have began to wrap the race event around VW shows, swaps and get togethers.

I am proud of all involved! THANK YOU! Looking forward to seeing more participation in 2014.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Congrats guys! THUMBS UP SMALL Taking an idea a couple of years ago and turning it into a reality and being succesful at it. May to go!

Definetly want to come run with you guys at least once in 2014!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thank you David for getting the date set so quickly. The local clubs are already thinking about the car show side of it. This is evolving into New Mexico's largest all VW event for sure. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cadprovw said:
Congrats guys! THUMBS UP SMALL Taking an idea a couple of years ago and turning it into a reality and being succesful at it. May to go!

Definetly want to come run with you guys at least once in 2014!
I keep hearing rumors about some guy in Texas that is building a badass Notch............ maybe he'll make a trip out to the Mountain States in 2014?

·
Registered
3 Posts
THUMBS UP SMALL

Great news cannot wait to participate this season.

Bugs on the green just announced their show is May 18. Gonna be a great weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
lillybug said:
THUMBS UP SMALL

Great news cannot wait to participate this season.

Bugs on the green just announced their show is May 18. Gonna be a great weekend.
Gonna be hard for you to hit both of those shows in the same weekend.
I hope to make it to NM this year!

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
kaferman said:
I keep hearing rumors about some guy in Texas that is building a badass Notch............ maybe he'll make a trip out to the Mountain States in 2014?
Definetly on the Want-to-Do list...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts