Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty racers! I've been working on our 2015 schedule and have been in contact with Quaker City Motorsports Park about the VW's returning this year. There has been some discussion about revamping the points system to make it more attractive to join the points. Possibly a lower buy-in and a one race only buy in to be eligible for the sponsor bonuses. We have also kicked around making the Larry's Offroad Nationals a NCVWDRA points race as well as the K&L Motorsports Pittsburgh Classic. Our thinking is: A round win is a round win regardless of the class you are in. NCVWDRA points members would be responsible to report their respective round win (with time slip) to the NCVWDRA table for round win credit. NCVWDRA would pay out our sponsor bonuses to the racers with the most round wins that day. Track and promoter would do their own payout for winners of the classes The NCVWDRA would then do 3 other races the way we've been doing them for a total of 5 points races. None of this is set in stone. Please let us know if you like this idea or not. I must get our requested dates to Quaker City by the end of this week. Please voice your opinion on this new format or tell us if you want the program run the same as we have in the past.
Thanks!
Doug

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Confirmed race dates for 2015 so far are:

Saturday June 20th. Quaker City Motorsports Park
Salem, Ohio
Saturday July 25th Quaker City Motorsports Park
Salem, Ohio

The July 25th race is QCMP's Night Under Fire Event and will be great exposure for the VW's! What a great opportunity to race in front of a LARGE crowd of spectators!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Thanks for working with the track on the dates. Do what you think is best for the series as far as the points.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Confirmed race dates for 2015

Saturday June 20th. Quaker City Motorsports Park
Salem, Ohio
Saturday July 25th Pacemakers Dragway Park
Mt. Vernon, Ohio
Saturday August 22nd Quaker City Motorsports Park
Salem, Ohio
Saturday September 5th. Ohio Valley Dragway
Louisville, Kentucky

The July 25th race has been changed to Pacemakers due to Quaker City
overbooking the July 25 date.

Quaker City races will be 1/4 mile
Pacemakers and Ohio Valley are both 1/8 mile tracks

Thanks to Tom Borgia and the Bluegrass Super Shifters for including us at Ohio Valley Dragway!

These dates will be our complete schedule for the 2015 season.

See you at the track!

·
Registered
476 Posts
It looks like I'm only going to be able to make the June Event, and the Sept. Event if you work something out with Keith & Kathy. I was talking with someone in KY about transaxle stuff over on thesamba, and I'll let him know about the Ohio Valley Event. Thanks for all of your efforts!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hmm..., interesting. It looks like they start around 1:00 at Pacemakers,wonder when they wind up? That weekend is my one big Nascar Weekend of the year, but its probably half way to Richmond In. where I stay. Logistics, logistics....

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
THIS IS THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!

THE ECPRA PRO STOCKS ARE COMING TO OHIO VALLEY DRAGWAY!

I want to thank the Bluegrass Super Shifters for the opportunity to run with them at Ohio Valley Dragway September 5th. without them the NCVWDRA and the ECPRA Pro Stocks wouldn't be there!
I also want to thank all of the sponsors who made it possible to include the fastest
normally aspirated VWs on the planet to be there!
Dowd Floors Inc.
Jd Curry and Sons Construction
Bville Lounge
Gary Mullins Signs
ZBros. Racing Team

Make plans to attend this wild Saturday of VW drag racing at one of the PREMIER 1/8 mile tracks in the nation!

NCVWDRA will run a 1 class, All run bracket eliminator for BIG CASH and prizes.
ECPRA will run their heads-up Pro Stock program as part of their points series.

Bring your VW to Ohio Valley Dragway in Louisville Kentucky Saturday September
5th and be part of the action!

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
THE ECPRA PRO MODS ARE COMING ALSO!
Thanks to several sponsors stepping up and with the blessing of the track
we are proud to announce the ECPRA Pro Mods WILL be at Ohio Valley
Dragway on Saturday September 5th!
Track has offered Friday night September 4th for first round of qualifying.
This is officially a MUST ATTEND EVENT!
Come be part of the show and bracket race your VW with the NCVWDRA
Saturday September 5th!

See you at the track!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts