Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first NCVWDRA race of 2014 is in the books. It was a perfect day for drag racing at Quaker City in Salem, Ohio.
Temps in the low 70's with GREAT air. Unfortunately only 4 racers chose to participate. Myself, Tom Simpson, Eric Hengstenberger and Troy McNair. I was running my 2332 Thing as I broke 2nd gear at the Larry's Offroad Nationals in the Pro Mod final a couple weeks ago. With only 4 racers we decided to draw names for a ladder for eliminations. Eric had Troy and I had to race Tommy. Eric edged out Troy and Tom took a little too much stripe and handed me the "W" in our semi-final round 1.
Eric was dialed 10.80 to my 14.49 for the final round. I had my best 60ft of the day and was hitting the shifts just right. I looked in the mirror when I hit third gear expecting to see that purple Ghia charging hard but he was way back and didn't seem to be closing fast enough. I lifted 100ft before the stripe and still took the win .05 off my dial as Eric blew past at 123mph!
Our next NCVWDRA race is at Thornhill Dragway in Morning View, Kentucky on Saturday August 2nd.
The NCVWDRA will return to Quaker City in Salem, Ohio on Saturday August 23rd, Saturday September 6th and Saturday September 27th.
Dust off your heaps, bring a street VW, dune buggy, trike, any VW powered vehicle can run with the NCVWDRA!
We only have 3 rules:
#1 Must be VW powered.
#2 Must pass track tech for your ET.
#3 All drivers Must wear a helmet.

$40.00 Entry fee gets you in the action! Come get you some!

See you at the track!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hey, congrats on the win! Isn't it fun to have someone pass you at the stripe going 50mph faster! I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it out, and it's a shame more didn't make it out, but I think it's just a sign of the times. There was some talk on Quakers Forum about the Top Class having 80 racers sign up for points in 2012, and there weren't even 80 racers total sign up for points in 2013. The track might have been busy otherwise for the Steel Valley Event this weekend. I've been to the track when there were 250+ racers the Friday of the week leading up to the Super Nats., only to barely make 75 racers the Friday after.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts