Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

NEW MEXICO OR BUST.......May 4th MSVWRA season opener.

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  eric madson 
#1 ·
Well gang....we are close. I personally am working hard on the Madson cars. The plan is to invade Alb New Mexico to start the season off. I know we have some new interest and some seasoned racers getting ready. Lets began the stir! Who's in for the trip and party?

I have heard we may have some local club support and a potential Friday night car show and shine to warm up the weekend. The other point of discussion is the membership for points participation. $50.00 per driver for the points. I will take those early or at the track as we qualify and race. I would prefer we all sign up before the cars even move to the lanes.

Lets hear whats going on! Thumbs Up

#3 ·
Hey Eric. Glad to hear you are getting ready. I got my car all back together and went out to test last Saturday. They have made a lot of improvements to the track this year. New concrete and more paved area. Everything went well. No broken parts. Had a good time running the V8 guys, especially a new Mustang Shelby. We are still rounding up sponsors and trying to get things together for the race. Looks like there will be good participation from the local clubs this year. How many of the MSVWRA are coming down? It will good to see all of our racing friends again.

#6 ·
I went out to the track on Saturday too. Like Ernie said, the track management have made lots of improvements over the winter. The end of the track is still rough. We seem to have a lot more interest this year from the local and regional VW crowd. I'm not sure how many will show up and race but there will definately be more spectators. We are hearing that there will be some people coming from Texas too.

#9 ·
I plan to be there. My car is ready? Or at least it's in the trailer waiting for some test runs. (The weather in Colorado Springs/Denver area is not my friend.)
I do hope to get a couple or three runs in somewhere before heading to NM. but I plan on being at the track Friday night (3rd) test runs or not.

I still need to put some new clearance lights on the trailer, as well as clean out the mess and re-pack, re-stock for the new season, but I am looking forward to seeing you all at the track.

Dan W.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.