Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we have some folks building cars for the up and coming season. Lets see those builds.

Tim post up a link to your car and Cindy's. Eddie lets see your new project. Upgrades for the Lamb family have been taking place. Birk's are finishing cars in Salt Lake. Allred has his rebuild. Randy Bowen is working away on a new toy. Marty is working on his ghia. A new toy out of KCW and M40 is being worked on. I have heard of motor upgrades out on New Mexico. Ryan has been plugging away. John Redding is talking about his ghia and his old Pro Mod motor for the street. Chris has his ghia. Rhett is updating a trans. Jerry is updating a trans. Derrick is updating a trans. The season looks good so far...great vibe out there in the MSVWRA.

The first event is May 4Th. Lets keep building. Some interesting stuff out there.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Mine is pretty much ready to go, it'll get a meaner fuel pump before next season, but thats about it. I'm going to try sound deadening the interior a little bit, as while it can drive as far as I need it too, its not very fun to do so, very loud inside. I was able to spend the summer driving and tuning the car, managed to force a LOT of boost through it on pump gas, I'm hoping it'll be 10 second candidate in street trim + slicks, but possibly a set of DOTs.

It managed an [email protected] leaning out, detonating and nosing over at 18psi its first time at the track. Definitely room for improvement.

http://youtu.be/rkBdkL76qy4

Here is what the fun end looks like today...

·
Registered
882 Posts
Thanks Eric! It was a blast to drive all summer. Its hibernating now, till the cold goes away. I'll pass on the greetings!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just wanted to show you guys and gals the results of what the changes I have made to my car while running with the MSVWRA have done.
The changes started in February 2012 when I installed limiting straps on the rear suspension of my car. Other than that it was all accomplished with some engine tuning and a lot of carburetor and suspension set up.
In case the picture doesn't come up the following is a readout of two time slips one in 2009 and one in 2013. Both of these times were with 12 psi. boost at Bandimere.

2009 2013
60' 1.754 1.550
330' 5.3117 4.667
1/8 7.805 7.283
MPH 90.93 92.94
1000 10.139 9.577
E.T. 12.107 11.537
MPH 114.87 114.41

It all happens in the 1/8th mile. At Bandimere on July 26 2013 I installed some new slicks. The car pulled major wheel stands and I was hitting 1.52/1.53 60ft. times with a 1.515 60ft. the quickest.

I now have a set of Berg Wheelie Bars on my car. I hope to get to try them out before Grand Junction but the weather is not my friend.
Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
882 Posts
Anybody have anything new going on for the 2014 season? I'm in the process of rewiring 2 cars. Hoping to have 2 street legal turbo cars from the Birks camp come spring, should be lots of fun!

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
I am working on getting my junk back together, last year was rough on me, but as I sit here watching the Georgia lights out race I sure want to get back to the track myself!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Dagster's camp is working away on two of the 3 cars for this years season, Darrell's car is getting a much needed suspension upgrade, as well as
some new aluminum work. and my car is getting some aluminum/weight reduction upgrade, and trying to loose as much dead weight as i can.
plus, some hp improvements since oct. bugin. thanks to chip's findings. (i'll be in touch with you)

as far as al's car..... since running high 11's in vegas last oct. new oil and gas is really all his all steel 63 needs. THUMBS UP SMALL

can't wait to start this years series!!!! :drivingskid:

·
Registered
62 Posts
To make a long story short; So far, I had the transaxle rebuilt, and got a new set of axles.

I am in the process of rebuilding the motor. Last Friday I found out my old Berg crank was cracked in a couple of places. I will be with Randy at Sportcar seeing what I can do about a crankshaft for this season on Monday.

Dan

·
Registered
233 Posts
turbie said:
Dagster's camp is working away on two of the 3 cars for this years season, Darrell's car is getting a much needed suspension upgrade, as well as
some new aluminum work. and my car is getting some aluminum/weight reduction upgrade, and trying to loose as much dead weight as i can.
plus, some hp improvements since oct. bugin. thanks to chip's findings. (i'll be in touch with you)

as far as al's car..... since running high 11's in vegas last oct. new oil and gas is really all his all steel 63 needs. THUMBS UP SMALL

can't wait to start this years series!!!! :drivingskid:
Jeremy you should post this over here too.

Racing Association News - To add another association please contact Brian Watts / MSVWRA Announcements / Re: Complete 2014 race dates

·
Registered
208 Posts
I haven't done any MSVWRA events yet but hoping to get out to SLC this year. I installed CO2 clutch mgmt, dual disc setup, rear coil over adjustable shocks, flywheel containment device, all new Hoosiers at the corners, new ERCO rear rims, new wheelie bars (bent the last ones) and new charging system. Now if I could get it all to play nice together it should be a fun year. :th_DragRacer:

·
Registered
253 Posts
drewski said:
I haven't done any MSVWRA events yet but hoping to get out to SLC this year. I installed CO2 clutch mgmt, dual disc setup, rear coil over adjustable shocks, flywheel containment device, all new Hoosiers at the corners, new ERCO rear rims, new wheelie bars (bent the last ones) and new charging system. Now if I could get it all to play nice together it should be a fun year. :th_DragRacer:
awesome to hear!!

after you run one event with these guys, your going to find yourself at the following event. its like a cult or something.

hopefully we see you in slc! its such a great time with these people. i'm sure you'll have a blast THUMBS UP SMALL

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lets see those cars! The Madson team is close on its new Unlimited Street car. Will sart it up within a few weeks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well thanks to Randy, Sportcar, and a bunch of others my car is in the trailer ready to head to the track. It's basically the same thing I had Only rebuilt with a different case and crank.

I haven't tested it yet but I plan to do so before the Denver Race. If everything decides to stay together after going down the track a few laps, I should be able to be at the last two races this season.

Hope to see you all at the track Dan W.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts