Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good 26.0/8.5x15 or 26.0/8.0x15 tire. Any ideas? I have heard bad things about Hoosier. Thank you

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
what have you heard about hoosiers? i have used them for years and think they are a good tire. never had an issue with them.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have only heard them from v8 guys. That the tread separate from the tire and that they have very week side walls. So dean they work well for you? I have been looking into them.

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
I've ran Hoosier Quick Time pros for years without issue. It is a DOT but I have been quicker with those than most with straight slicks.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
plus with the MT 8.5x26 tires you have a psca outlaw 8.5 legal tire. Since this is the spec tire for most 8.5 tire classes I expect they give it a little extra love in the R&D group as well, I think the current 8.5 records are in the .475-.490 1/8 mile time range.
Here is a high speed video (I was a bit too far away) of Krusty Ramsey at Vegas PSCA, currently the fastest N2O car on these tires. I think the fastest turbo car is "the toaster" but I could be wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1pxL4nF87A

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the replies. I am going to be running this tire on an 10.90 to 11.90 injected car. Do you think I need a narrower tire? I need to stay with the 26 due to gearing but can go narrower if needed. thank you again.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
I ran on just 6" m&h tires going 10.3s in the 130s or so never traction prob at the line but as I later learned when hitting the wall (trying to go faster) you want traction down track too. I think narrower tires have some advantages as long as you are not too greedy. If you were running 1/8 mile tracks mostly I'd run 6s depending in your car weight, transmission, track condition, clutch technique, et goals you may want to move to a 7 or 8.5 tire. But in your current et I'd probably run a 6 or 7" tire on my 1600lbs car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts