Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else show up to race? Any results?

The silence is deafening!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Other than the pro mod matchup between HAter and Baron in the final, I have been surprised there hasn't been more discussion of the day's events. Strange that the promoter and the administrator of this site have not hyped it up more. Guess folks are losing interest out West?

We are definitely looking forward to attending the Larry's Off Road event, as well as Drag Day this summer with our new pro mod! Looks to be a record turnout in Pro Mod AND Pro Stock!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Guess folks are losing interest out West?
Out of a list of 30 potentials how many pro mods showed to the "pro mod nationals"? 8? I think it would have generated more interest if it were billed as a match race between the Hater and the Baron. Not much of a nationals IMO. Maybe it was scheduled too close to the BOR....maybe the Sac BOR should have been the nationals event?

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
They should make any "nationals" event at Sacramento for the most people to show up. Not as many people want to come to the track for one day, at Sacramento you can show up Friday and stay through Sunday.

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
Was no one there to report back ?
For my own curiosity I'd like to see car count by class. Just to see how the west coast is doing vs the east coast.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
All I can speak for is Pro Gas. We only had 6 cars. 4 were from So Cal and 2 from Nor Cal. Track was pretty good but the air was crap. Tony was #1 qualifier at 10.96, Wwe were #2 at 11.06, Scott #3 at 11.09, not sure of the other Ets but I believe Jeff Shean was #4 at 11.2?, Joel Moore was #5 at 11.3? and Steve Korach was #6 at 11.??. I got past Joel when he went red in the first round, Scott out ran Jeff, and Tony threw aaway the first round when he rolled through the stage beams against Steve. I just got around Scott in the semi final and Steve just broke the beams as he had a by run into the finals. I ran my best pass of the day at 11.03 to get around Steve for the win.

I think there were only 2 Super Street cars, but there was a huge turn out in Powder Puff and Street eliminator and Pro Eliminator had pretty good turn outs also. I guess Brian was the only one hyping all the events.

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
Yea where is Brian at anyway? Did someone take his computers and phone away? Lash care to comment? Maybe you know why he isn't here since he was working with you?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts