Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading the "Who's going to March Meet thread" and noticed that they do assigned parking spots, based on when you pre register. How about something like this for the Sac Bug-Ins? I know parking can be an issue, especially at this years Sept race with the large Pro Stock crowd expected. You could give Pro Stock (and ProMod :rump: ) the premier spots (based on order of pre entry), and then everyone else can get parked based on pre-entry as well.

I know you won't please everyone, but its just a thought...

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
You mean what about the other 4 Pro Classes. 2 heads up and 2 index, all are concidered Pro Classes

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
PRA tired parking by class but didnt turn out very well, some groups had cars in different classes and still wanted to pit together, There should be lots of room for P/M, P/S, etc etc.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
I think if you're in a pro class, you should get a pro spot to pit. Some people travel MANY hours to get to the track and deserve to pit in a nice spot. Lances car for instance, nice car, but lets say he doesn't pull in until 3 hours after the gates open. Would anyone like to see that caliber of car pit in the dirt? I wouldn't
I had to pit in the dirt once at an event and I would never do it again. Just firing up the car created a mess.
If you assign parking, and people want to pit together, then they can give up their higher class spot and pit with the other cars.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Rich Duncan Jr said:
This sounds like a good question for the BRS chat session Sunday night.
Great food for thought.
For groups of racers that have been coming to events for years, they sort of staked out their spot of choice, and many respect that. You always know where you can find VWP, HOP, MM, RCB, and the UAC camps.

In some of my experiences at other events ie., Heritage Series, I have seen log jams were when you park the whole class together and they get the call to the lanes, you have all the racecars and tow vehicles trying to manuever in and out of tight spots next to each other. It can be a cluster.

On the other hand when you do park by class, you will never miss the call to the lanes, and it's easier to hook up with your dancing partner.
Seems to work for the NHRA feature classes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts