·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Re: Mike Lawless Ghia listed for sale

I was talking to Mike and Mark over at my swap Sunday and he said he was going to be putting it up for sale, I just didn't think it was going to be this soon. For the price, the buyer is going to be getting a great race car.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts

that last red lit must have pissed MIKE off..but he did say on the chat he would put it up for sale..that car needs to go back to germany in the VW museum

·
Registered
2,342 Posts

It is Time…
It has been a wonderful and exciting ride for certain. It has had its extreme highs and it has had its low points too. All things considered, we definitely are on the “plus side” of the equation!

Most importantly, we have made many friends from all over the world in this 13-year journey. It is our hope that some of those friendships are life-long and will survive and flourish.

Hopefully, we’ve been a good ambassador as well, and maybe inspired some with our “outside the box” approach to common issues. We will stay involved in the VW scene through our son Mark. We will still come to the VW events as before, probably with Mark’s own racer in tow.

A sincere heartfelt “Thank You” to Rick and Pat at CB Performance for the help they’ve given us over the years. My hope is that our association was mutually beneficial. Also to Sam and Mike at Rancho Performance Transaxles. The bus trans is a proven and rock solid reliable piece and is what kept us in VW racing. And to Rick Sadler at Bugpack for the help he’s given us over the years.

For me personally, it’s just time to move on. I don’t yet know the direction I’ll take next. I may sit back for a while, and I may start on a new project right away. Within the last several years, I’ve become aware that there are more years behind than there is ahead. Whatever I decide to do, I just want to do it while I’m still able.

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Mike Lawless said:
It is Time…
It has been a wonderful and exciting ride for certain. It has had its extreme highs and it has had its low points too. All things considered, we definitely are on the “plus side” of the equation!

Most importantly, we have made many friends from all over the world in this 13-year journey. It is our hope that some of those friendships are life-long and will survive and flourish.

Hopefully, we’ve been a good ambassador as well, and maybe inspired some with our “outside the box” approach to common issues. We will stay involved in the VW scene through our son Mark. We will still come to the VW events as before, probably with Mark’s own racer in tow.

A sincere heartfelt “Thank You” to Rick and Pat at CB Performance for the help they’ve given us over the years. My hope is that our association was mutually beneficial. Also to Sam and Mike at Rancho Performance Transaxles. The bus trans is a proven and rock solid reliable piece and is what kept us in VW racing. And to Rick Sadler at Bugpack for the help he’s given us over the years.

For me personally, it’s just time to move on. I don’t yet know the direction I’ll take next. I may sit back for a while, and I may start on a new project right away. Within the last several years, I’ve become aware that there are more years behind than there is ahead. Whatever I decide to do, I just want to do it while I’m still able.
Very well said Mike and glad your able to do this on your terms and still have the time and the health to go after another adventure.

Even happier to hear you will still be at the events and that Mark will still be racing!!

Much luck to you in whatever you choose!

·
Premium Member
9,004 Posts

Come on, Mike..besides being a good family man with morals and values, cherishing friendships, being a great competitor, doing some of the best shirt art that one could ever hope to see,having innovativative ideas, outstanding welding, fabrication and machine skills what makes you think you would be good at something else? Restoring tractors? Home brew? Jet pilot/Licence? Good luck on whatever you do. Best wishes to the entire Lawless Bunch.Happy to have met you way back on that cold day at Sacramento..

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Nick Wharton said:
Thread High Jack Warning
LOL perfect execution of warning Nick LOL

Sorry Rick Nick gotcha on that one LOL

But nice lowlight

·
Premium Member
2,069 Posts

x2

You have one hell of a car mike and I have enjoyed watching it for a long time !

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts

Mike Lawless said:
Mike, when you mentioned the car was going up for sale,...I was bummed. Not that you were going to sell the car, but that the possiblity I may not see you and the rest of the Lawless Clan at the events. I am happy to hear you will still be connected to our tight knit family of goofy VW geeks. I always appreciate your help and words of encouragement from the first time I ran Super Gas, to all the ghia tips you send my way. Good luck with the sale and with what the future holds in store for you and the rest of the Flawless Lawless Gruppe.

P-

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts

I am confident I will see them all at an event after it sells, after all, there's a car in their garage that needs to be finished..... I love love love that car and will be sad to see it sell. Hope it stays nearby. If I wasnt building mine, or knew it was ever going to sell, I would buy it.

·
Registered
157 Posts

Mike and Cindy good luck with the sale. I hope it finds a new home after the final race. I know Mark can't wait to see me in September! The car is simply amazing- I can tell who ever needs any information on how the car looks like from behind!
Troy Palmer

·
Registered
825 Posts

Mike's probably not asking half what that car's worth! I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had the money. Mike, the Ghia will be missed, but I hope you guys are still going to be regulars down at Famoso....with Mark's car, or something new.

1 - 20 of 703 Posts