Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
oh that is so cool to see pats car haulin butt again. Pat has done a stellar job putting the car back together by himself. He has worked hard on his car and to go out and lay down some killer numbers is awesome to see. nice job man!!!

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Lauffer (qual'd with a 8.0X) beat eric in the final 8.2 to 8.4

Pat's car is running a 2092 on low boost and ran like a slotcar all day

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Thanks guys , the car ran far better than I thought it would. Big thanks to Harold , Jeff and Dave for helping me with the car yesterday

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Hi guys, it was a crazy weekend. Had a wedding to be at in temecula on saturday night, so packed the car up on saturday morning and towed it to the wedding so I could head out to fontana sunday morning early. Got to fontana and no baron or paradise, and I was late getting there. I thought... am I in the right place. Shortly after they both showed and everything was good. Not a huge turn out for sure but the weather and the track were great. set up camp in the north 40 and met up with some friends from arizona and Harold (Fiatdude) and a crew was born. Harold kindly offered the Prius as a tow vehicle and Jeff and Dave would help with intercooler ice, gallbladder advice and the like. This would be the first time down the track for a car that had completely been taken apart and then reassembled, realigned, etc. etc. etc. Needless to say I was excited but a little nervous. So we go up for 1st round of qualifying and I'm matched with Kris which is always good because if I draft off of him I can increase my et. by a tenth or 2. lol. Anyway, I needed to try, for the first time, my manual line loc and manual switch 2 step which I did in the garage many times put somehow becomes more intense when your on the sticky stuff on race day. So I roll through the water box and wait for the OK. 2 step it for a second and let go of the switch but still hanging on to the staging brake and to my amazment the rear slick ripped right up to 8000 rpm and I was able to do a very good burnout and get back down well before the beams. Now it's time to stage the newly assembled project and drop the hammer at nearly 7000 rpm. And we're off....... wheels up and hauling ass in first gear but you do need to shift these cars at some point . LOL. stayed in first forever but the car went nice and straight. 9.34 @ 145 we forgot ice in the intercooler..... no worries .... the car went straight and none of the green paint is on the K-rail .LOL. We decided to wait til eliminations and maybe have a shot at some cash. Got pair up with Shane and I was like .. ****... he just ran 9.0 and I figured the best tune we had was maybe a 9.25 or so. So we go to the beams with ice this time and stage with Shane. I knew I would need to cut a good light but most of all get the car down the track saftley as this very same lane almost 8 years ago did not like painted Fiats. Anyway, the car left good, Shane was right next to me at the stripe. We pulled off the turn out and I was just happy the car made it safe and sound. Shane had grabbed the time slips and was saying that I had ran a 9.07 and I said no,no this tune-up cant go faster then 9.20's' ...... Anyway what a great day Shane is a stand up competitor and his car is hauling ass. The baron got me in the semi's but what a great weekend. Thanks again to Harold , Jeff, and Dave. Sorry for taking so long for a real report. Thanks, Pat

http://ultimateaircooled.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10929&stc=1&d=1399510897

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Helping you Pat was a pleasure -- It's the next best thing to having my own Fiat

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Pat that was a hell of a Race , Your car hauled ass, and if I am gonna lose that is the way to lose... Great job and I hope for a rematch...

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Human Q-Tip was nowhere near the Fiat

1 - 20 of 25 Posts