Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
The final North Coast VW Drag Racing Association race of 2014 is this coming Saturday September 27th at Quaker City Motorsports Park in Salem, Ohio! Bring your VW out for a one class, all run bracket eliminator with 100% payback plus sponsor bonus cash and prizes! Gates open at 11am. Time trials at 12:30. Eliminations start around 5pm. Come be part of our last race of 2014!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so ...i had my own iron man weekend...i ran our NCVWDRA last race at quaker...the car wasnt hitting its number well....probably the darn driver !..i ran in their n/b bracket race..lost on a bad lite...not happy with myself...i dropped it too hard at the line in our race...and twisted my rt axle off !...and lost.....i.ll let doug give other details....good job GARY...after a 12 min axle change.. i tnt once more ..ok...sunday SEVWA RACE northern challenge virginia....still ?????bad gas .. i dont know maybe just gun shy from the day before..broke out in first round bought back in..won second round..was cutting great lites...lost in the third round..i had it at the tree but didn't get back to my time..hey great weekend no red lites......next BUG RUN !

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
So, who won? Details people :)
Well we had six cars. Eric and I were tied for 2nd in the points and I was determined to go at least 1 round more than him. We drew names from a hat to set our ladder and Eric pulled my name for first round. Eric was .400 green on the tree and I went .08 red. ****!
Gary Mullins was driving my red Cabriolet and went to the finals against Geoff Keeton. Geoff went red on the tree handing Gary Mullins the win in his first NCVWDRA race in a borrowed car!
Nice job on the win Gary! BIG CONGRATULATIONS to Troy McNair for winning the 2014 NCVWDRA Championship!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts