Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had wanted to snag a golf cart before the last BugO and I did. The week before BugO I was able to take the thing apart and clean it up some. I did a quick rattle can job on it with some John Deere Blitz Black and then also painted some other pieces with some army drab green. I did a quick seat cover job with some army canvas material.

After BugO I knew that I wanted to redo it again and make it a little nicer. I was able to score some 12" Ford Think wheels and then I mounted some new 19x8x12 tires on them.

·
Premium Member
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I had a blast with the damn thing at BugO but knew I wanted to make some changes ! With no top on the damn thing it is real easy to just get cooked out there on the black top. So I knew that I wanted to make some sort of top for it. Also there is always more than 1 person that wants to hitch a ride so I decided to try and make a rear seat area for 1 or 2 more people. So this is what I have some come up with so far. I still need to weld the whole thing up. I need to had some handles for the rear seat area and 2 grab handles for the front area. Possibly some headlight tabs and some misc gussets.

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
Wow! that looks great....I didn't know you had the tooling to do that sort of thing.... who is going to weld it up for you? Look out Fab'ers...JKfab is cart'n some mad skillz

·
Premium Member
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the comments guys. I will try and keep the build pics comming.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,812 Posts
Looks really good Jeff! Looks good enough to let Stephen Hawes rent it! Well maybe with some wheelie bars :)

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Jeff looks bad ass, were gonna have some cool carts by next year

DLX-Fe said:
Looks really good Jeff! Looks good enough to let Stephen Hawes rent it! Well maybe with some wheelie bars :)
LMAO Stephan your never gonna live that down LOL

Glad you didnt get killed doing it LOL

·
Premium Member
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Muhahahahaha !!! I have talked with Rob (stephen's passenger) i guess that hill is now named the "Widowmaker" !!!!!

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
when you sent me the pics last night I thought **** thats kind of overkill for a golf cart. Then I started having flash backs of nicks cart and what others have been doing with theirs while 12 deep. be sure to put some 5 points in there haha

·
Premium Member
6,194 Posts
You might want to add some more bracing to the seat back. I can see someone ( like Doug) grabbing onto the top of the seat for one reason or another and busting it off.

·
Premium Member
2,812 Posts
Brian Sanders said:
You might want to add some more bracing to the seat back. I can see someone ( like Doug) grabbing onto the top of the seat for one reason or another and busting it off.
JK Fab said:
There will be more for sure !!

How in the hell am I getting blamed for something I have never done?? :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts