Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TO ALL UAC MEMBERS

The forum has had posts lately that seem to focus on the negative side of things. If this has caused you to back off coming into or posting on UAC please give us a chance to make adjustments before giving up

Whether attacks are about a person,a company,a event, or someone's geographical area it seems the popular opinion has been to ignore the positive and attack the negative.
Well there are consequences with this type of thinking and it hurts the community in way that the short sighted posters have not taken the time to think of.
When you make post saying how crappy an event is (if that is just your opinion not popular opinion) you run the risk of the promoter and or sponsors backing out and not doing the event or class next time. You think this can't happen think again, it already has had this effect whether the public knows it or not.

And there is lots that goes behind the scenes that members in general might not know so sometimes your comments and opinions are based on only a portion of information on the whole story and you would have a different opinion if you knew more about it.

When you post about another member racer,sponsor, or promoter consider the fact that will your comment cause them to sell there car and move on,withdraw sponsorship of a racer or event, or a promoter consider a smaller schedule,payout,or classes. And if you think this couldn't happen your wrong and thats a fact that has been proven.

And leaving UAC because I delete your post and warn you to "be nice" and then you go to Face Book and keep the attacks going does nothing to help the community or your situation. So WHY ARE YOU DOING IT?????

This is suppose to be fun and my intention is to steer this back to to fun and away from drama. When I have longtime members posting they want to leave and not come back there is a problem and I intent to seek a solution.

In an effort to gently persuade our membership to post in a more positive direction we are making a few adjustments to hopefully help bring the UAC into a positive direction.

#1 - The edit option has been adjusted so you may now go back and edit your posts which will hopefully help members who make emotional posts the ability to now go back and edit out the negativity if any that might be misinterpreted.

#2 - The UAC has been lucky enough to have J.K.Fab (Jeff Kramarsic.) ,Greg Urrutia, Matt Silva, and myself as moderators trying to keep the posts cleaned up and attacks deleted to keep the threads in a good direction with information and entertainment members can enjoy.
To help with keeping negative posts under control we will be adding more moderators (we will contact you please don't contact us) so we have more sets of eyes on the forum at all times. This should help keep things enjoyable. They will have my full support and I will back their decisions so please do not 2nd guess them when they donate their time and help for free to help benefit the community.

#3-Negative posts will be deleted, if your post gets deleted then something was offensive,negative, or a possible attack on someone or something.
You can feel free to repost again, but please make adjustments to edit the post and remove what ever could have been the cause of the deletion.
Do NOT post "why your post was deleted", you will know why because you know what you posted.

#4- I Hate being forced to babysit, your all adults here so why should I have to act like a parent and be forced to discipline offenders. Believe me I hate intruding in your posts as much as you probably hate me butting in, But I have to control the negativity for the sake of the UAC and the community.
I want to avoid banning people at all costs going forward if possible but if needed temporary posting suspensions might need to be used. But please lets not go that route PLEASE!

Might need to bring back "The Penalty Box" for short suspension so members could read the forum, but could not post for short periods of time. To be increased with each violation.

I hate writing and having to address this as much as you hate reading it I promise you but lets focus on all events,racers,companies, and promoters and the positive things they bring to the community, not the negative. Ignore the negative as much as possible.
Now if something is posted thats offensive or should be addressed by staff please PM some of us and we will handle it privately not to cause drama publicly.

All suggestions,ideas, and criticism should be directed to me at [email protected]

Brian Watts

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Mike and Wayne

Just want to get UAC back to the philosophy of "focus on the positive", if there is a problem then offer a solution don't try and compound the problem by putting a spotlight on it.

Lets make 2013 BETTER!!

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Only issue I see is how things are interpreted as to what is negative. I drive 10-12 hours for some events, we flew out to Vegas and Sacramento last season. Plan to make more trips to East Coast events with our cars and West Coast events to spectate. Fact is there are great people on both coasts but stuff goes wrong. Idea of a forum is to get the problems out there, give people heads up, whatever. Someone is a crappy promotoer, word should get out. Someone re-nigs on payouts, word should get out. The events that are great, will stay that. Events that aren't should be gone. Peple that support should be commended, people that don't should be exposed. Unfortunately a lot of people are connected in this small community.

As for me, I race ASA. The class is huge. The people in it are great. It seems to be an East Coast thing. It keeps growing. Those are events we want. I'm annoyed at how the East Coast gets a bad rap.

I'm just venting. Off the soap box now.

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
M Loyd aka Ovalnut said:
Only issue I see is how things are interpreted as to what is negative.
Yes your right this is interpretative, but as intelligent adults knowing what is offensive or can start **** should be easy to know. If it was said to you would you be pissed is the best way to judge.

M Loyd aka Ovalnut said:
I drive 10-12 hours for some events, we flew out to Vegas and Sacramento last season. Plan to make more trips to East Coast events with our cars and West Coast events to spectate. Fact is there are great people on both coasts but stuff goes wrong.
100% right great people in all corners of our community world wide for sure, thats how we survive.

And yes stuff goes wrong for sure, BUT how we handle it is the problem right now

M Loyd aka Ovalnut said:
Idea of a forum is to get the problems out there, give people heads up, whatever. Someone is a crappy promotoer, word should get out. Someone re-nigs on payouts, word should get out.
Here is a example of where things go wrong. The idea for the forum is to share knowledge,meet friends, and enjoy talking racing etc.Problems are not the main focus
The problems in our community is a goal I have had yes to point them out so members don't get burned etc.
But the problem with the negative posts lately is people are posting without trying to contact the person who might be able to actually fix the issue or make adjustments. They just post negative posts to the masses that have no ability to fix the complaint what so ever. And that makes no sense to do all all.
And worse yet can cause severe consequences to members, businesses, and events without the facts that behind the scenes people only know.

Calling the Pro Stock Nationals a "flop" is careless and like throwing a hand grenade and the member that posted that comment WASN'T EVEN THERE. CB performance and BOR put so much time and money into making that event happen and then to have people talking like that is a kick to the balls.
Pro Stock had reserved parking that bumped long time racers into the dirt that weekend for them to have the prime spots.
They were allowed in the track early to park,set up, and camp
They were provided t shirts,event cups, and a full barbQ dinner
13 cars came after over 20 pre-paid to race, 7 cars not showing up is not sponsor or promoters fault is it? But fact is 13 cars was still biggest PS field ever!
AND BIGGEST PAYOUT EVER........Ask Ollie!!!!!!!!!!

And after ALL THIS "it is a flop"?

So do you think after this much time,effort,and cash put out and the kick to the balls that CB or BOR will be in a hurry to step up and do it again? And if they didn't could you blame them?

Not a single person there that weekend was talking flop while they were there

M Loyd aka Ovalnut said:
The events that are great, will stay that.
Not if they get attacked like this they will not be

M Loyd aka Ovalnut said:
As for me, I race ASA. The class is huge. The people in it are great. It seems to be an East Coast thing. It keeps growing. Those are events we want.
ASA seems to have a good start for sure from some passionate racers which helps. But your statement "Those are events we want. ", ASA is not an event it is a class. And a class on it's own doesnt create a event you need more. You need show cars,swap meets,more classes to fill the lanes,you need the community. The ASA needs to work with the community as a whole.

M Loyd aka Ovalnut said:
I'm annoyed at how the East Coast gets a bad rap.
I was as well, but when I stepped in and tryed to stop any of the "bad rap" aimed at East coast I was then the target by a ASA member
This is the type of bullshit that is going to stop. Jumping on negative side of whatever subject

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
If anyone has anything to complain about this, I will say the same thing I say to people that compain about getting speeding tickets "Don't do anything wrong, and it won't be an issue."

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
superdrag said:
If anyone has anything to complain about this, I will say the same thing I say to people that compain about getting speeding tickets "Don't do anything wrong, and it won't be an issue."
It's all about having fun and treating others like you want to be treated

And just that simple

People do things wrong and make mistakes, but we do not have to attack them like a pitbull when they do.

It doesn't help improve them or the situation

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
ive been a moderator on a local drag racing forum for ten years now. The more "editing, babysitting, censoring" we did the more these type of comments come up and people take sides. More people leave or feel alienated. Its your website- do what you wish, but I we are all adults and I dont think its a websites responsibility to muzzle or control whats said. Look at yellow bullet. You can say/ post whatever you want and it doesn't keep anyone away

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
scotzilla said:
ive been a moderator on a local drag racing forum for ten years now. The more "editing, babysitting, censoring" we did the more these type of comments come up and people take sides. More people leave or feel alienated. Its your website- do what you wish, but I we are all adults and I dont think its a websites responsibility to muzzle or control whats said. Look at yellow bullet. You can say/ post whatever you want and it doesn't keep anyone away
I can appreciate your feelings Scott but I feel V8 and VW crowds are a different bunch

The majority of the UAC members are perfect members and never cause any issues,I would say 98% are just what we could dream of.

But we have 5-10 members that seem to just see things another way than the majority, or like to just stir the pot for their own enjoyment. Whether intentional or not I do not know, but I hope that some of the changes will help see who is intentionally doing it and who might just not understand what their posts are doing.

But as was pointed out to me "why let 5 or so members piss off the other 3,900 etc"? And maybe thats the answer to deal with the 5.

But of course I hope we can just focus on the cars and have fun

Yellowbullet crowd is different than UAC IMO

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
scotzilla said:
All the bs there tends to keep me away

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.