Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Site Admin
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It's making me change my password on every visit. Therefore I have to watch an advertising video to get a new password.
Is your browser auto filling in your login details? I ask because most modern browsers auto save your login and it may be filling in the login box with a previous password.

Do you have another computer you can try logging into the site from? I only recommend this option to see if it works from another browser, which will see if it's your browser or every browser you login from.

If you continue to have problems, please send me an email - [email protected] - and I'll help you get it resolved.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
When there is a thread with multipal pages I used to be taken to the last posting since I looked at it, how do you do that now? Also the pages are not listed on the home page view so you can't click the page you want to go to like before.

·
Premium Member
9,004 Posts
I am happy to see you making some long needed changes.. I am sure in time we will become acclimated to the new... It is a learning process, and I am sorry some got their dander up.. As a species, we hate change...I think we all appreciate your efforts, and will applaud the results when all the construction equipment, detours and dust is cleared away.... BTW, Does it have a cut and paste feature? that is one thing that is BADLY needed. The old system had me copy something into my hard drive, take it to the resizing device, back to my hard drive then back to the page I want to post on .. and doing some mumbo jumbo to get it to post.. that is around 4- 5 minutes per photo.. That truly sucks donkey, and has, of late, stopped me from posting cool ****. I am too old to go to the trouble of resizing, or transferring or a dog and pony or monkey vs football to post cool ****. it should be simple easy and straight forward....i.e., Click, cut... Click, paste. Done Cool huh?

·
Site Admin
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
When there is a thread with multipal pages I used to be taken to the last posting since I looked at it, how do you do that now?
That feature is still there. When you notice that new threads have been updated, to the left of the Thread Title, you'll see a red notification and when you click that, it will take you to the first unread post since you last visited the forum. Screenshot here:

Also the pages are not listed on the home page view so you can't click the page you want to go to like before.
When you're viewing threads within a given section, to the right of the Thread Title will be the page numbers. You can see an example of this in the screenshot above.

Hope that helps.

·
Site Admin
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Who parked that piece of **** behind the UAC logo?
lol that's going to eventually change... I want to have it so that the car next to the logo changes on a regular basis, showcasing a car from someone in the UAC community. Once I get the Gallery transferred over, then I can work on this. Post up a picture of your car and yours can be the first one. :eek:

·
Site Admin
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I am happy to see you making some long needed changes.. I am sure in time we will become acclimated to the new... It is a learning process, and I am sorry some got their dander up.. As a species, we hate change...I think we all appreciate your efforts, and will applaud the results when all the construction equipment, detours and dust is cleared away....
Thanks. I know it can be a lot of change all at once. The old forum software was very outdated and an upgrade was needed. As I read the posts, we have a very passionate community here and I appreciate everyone's thoughts and feedback. I sincerely mean that.

BTW, Does it have a cut and paste feature? that is one thing that is BADLY needed. The old system had me copy something into my hard drive, take it to the resizing device, back to my hard drive then back to the page I want to post on .. and doing some mumbo jumbo to get it to post.. that is around 4- 5 minutes per photo.. That truly sucks donkey, and has, of late, stopped me from posting cool ****. I am too old to go to the trouble of resizing, or transferring or a dog and pony or monkey vs football to post cool ****. it should be simple easy and straight forward....i.e., Click, cut... Click, paste. Done Cool huh?
No more of that. Ever.

Everything is automatically resized now. When you choose a photo to upload, the website will take care of the rest. Super easy, nothing to worry about. This works for anything that has photos - from attaching photos to posts to uploading an avatar or profile picture.

Speaking of, we need to get you an avatar! :ninja:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Someone's harvested my e-mail address and I got a spam letter from China today saying they got my address from here.

What is the ETA for old pictures becoming visible again.

Other than that New format looks good

This is what I got. brad

HI,

I know your email:[email protected], it is found in the http://ultimateaircooled.com/ website.

I am a promotion gifts supplier in China.

Our company can provide all kinds of promotional gift solutions your company need.

This is my Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/alisinternationalhk

If your company has the need to please contact me

·
Site Admin
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
What is the ETA for old pictures becoming visible again.
I am currently in the process of upgrading the Picture Gallery. Everything is backed up so nothing has been lost. Once I finish dialing in the new forum software, I'll be working on the picture gallery. Please give me a couple weeks as I have to custom write a script to migrate everything over. In the meantime, I'm working hard on making sure everything is good to go with the forum software... it's a lot of work to migrate to a new platform like this. But yes, it will be making a return, and the new Gallery software will be significantly better I assure you!

Other than that New format looks good
Thank you.

Someone's harvested my e-mail address and I got a spam letter from China today saying they got my address from here.

This is what I got. brad

HI,

I know your email:[email protected], it is found in the Ultimate Aircooled Volkswagen Forum - Aircooled VW Forums website.

I am a promotion gifts supplier in China.

Our company can provide all kinds of promotional gift solutions your company need.

This is my Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/alisinternationalhk

If your company has the need to please contact me
Whoa! That's not cool!

The website was transferred to my server 6 months ago, and I can guarantee that nothing has had access to the database to be able to send out spam messages like that. I assure you with every ache in my body that the database is and has been 100% safe and secure since I began hosting the UAC website.

Would you please forward me the original email, in its entirety, to [email protected] so I can research it.

Thank you.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts