Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
You just don't realize how much you depend on something, until it is gone. I thought it was my pos computer, until I logged on to Samba and it worked. Brian, glad you and Matt were able to get us all back up and running. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
. . . and again. Brian does it have to do with the beginning of the month somehow? It seems the last three months it has done that. As far as I know it was only down for about 12 hours today so that isn't too bad.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Jason Culley said:
. . . and again. Brian does it have to do with the beginning of the month somehow? It seems the last three months it has done that. As far as I know it was only down for about 12 hours today so that isn't too bad.
Oddly enough that coincides with when aunt flo comes to visit my baby momma and I get beat up. :wounded:

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It is something with the dedicated server and they "reboot" the server like last time but not sure what or what?

Very frustrating since I am working and not sitting at computer which made getting it back up faster.

Now I am at the mercy of a member letting me know and trying to fix it from the road

I apologize for the problems and thank you for your patience

B

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
JC Quick said:
its ok boss we understand your a working man again.. you can't keep me away from here
Jerry Spearn said:
Its okay Brian, just let me know the best way to contact you.
Thanks guys

Just so you guys know any body can throw up a little forum , and plenty do quick and cheap.

But you guys have been so supportive and the growth was so fast we had to step up to a dedicated server almost right out of the gate to stop the site locking up!
This is a much higher cost !

When I was off work I was here 24/7 as you know so I would be able to fix the site "hiccups" right away but now that I am back to work unfortunately it takes a little bit!

I do apologize for the delays and will try and take steps to avoid these problems in the future

I apologize and appreciated all you members and your support!

Brian

PS and stickers will be coming ASAP

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Brian, have you spoken to Everett over at TheSamba to see if he experiences the same issues? With the amount of members they have I would assume they have a dedicated server also. Just an idea.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.