Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
First race looked close, but at night and tail lights off was hard to tell? Didn't look to be a loss by much?

And 2nd race he had him 1st ,2nd ,and 3rd huh. Just like a Aircooled, hard to beat off the line!

Very cool!

I would not endorse street racing because of the dangers but I have fond memories of many Sat nights like this and miss those good ole days!! ;D

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
like the title says I was just playin around with him- he didnt believe me after the first race so i had to show him- i could pull on him at will with boost to spare ;D

·
Premium Member
3,906 Posts
I LOVE the sound of a turbo VW discussing things with a V8 ............. there's absolutely nothing more beautiful in the world. :devilsidesmile:

Did you guys run an actual 1/4 mile or was it taken a bit further? The reason I ask is, I know it's very hard for anything to catch a serious bug in the 1/4. My GTO with the LS2 get's spanked off the line by Jersey Joe's N/A for the short track, but the GTO's got it on the top. Not that I condone street racing, but around here we measure the road & mark it ............... just in case we have to test something. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
Brian Watts said:
First race looked close, but at night and tail lights off was hard to tell? Didn't look to be a loss by much?

And 2nd race he had him 1st ,2nd ,and 3rd huh. Just like a Aircooled, hard to beat off the line!

Very cool!

I would not endorse street racing because of the dangers but I have fond memories of many Sat nights like this and miss those good ole days!! ;D
Like out by Arco arena on a Saturday night in Sacramento.

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
first race my buddy turned the boost controller down taking boost out instead of giving me the 3 + clicks i asked for- i was at his door at the finish. Then the second race at 28 psi I could pull at will- We were trying to sucker him for a money so I backed off in third and 4th a little

1 - 20 of 26 Posts