Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yeah, congrats Troy! He sent me a text message about winning a race, but I figured he just now noticed my text I sent him from the Farmington Event. Apparently it was from a show called Germanaire Drag Day all the way down in South Carolina! NCVWDRA does it again!

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Troy's a good racer. All the NCVWDRA racers could take a win anywhere they race VW's.
I bet we see Troy join the points next season.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Dougzilla said:
Troy's a good racer. All the NCVWDRA racers could take a win anywhere they race VW's.
I bet we see Troy join the points next season.
We don't realize how much of a competitive bunch we really are until we race another event and do really well. The text Troy sent me was that he was mowing down the tree, and got a bye for first round. Then in the second round, coming out of the water, he chewed up one of the halfshafts. He went ahead, and staged, only to launch, and chew up the other halfshaft. BUT......, upon his launch, his light was green, while his opponent's was RED! So making it into the final round with two broken halfshafts, sportsmanship of the year award needed to be handed out to Trey Sikes for giving Troy time enough to get both halfshafts changed. Unfortunately for Trey, Troy cut an .020 light, and ran an 8.01 on an 8.00 dial in the final! Everyone start practicing with their practice tree for next year!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts