Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying or making one.What size is the best to start with as a good middle of the road average for a bigger street engine?Seems to be like 10 different size options and I have no idea

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
there are no prices listed for the parts.

i called kawell earlier to talk to him about that. give him a call and talk to him, you cant go wrong!

i am using 2.25 right now. dont knowif it is to big but its what i have. if i had to buy another one i would make it 2" out as my turbo is 2" out and prob do the same into the end castings. smaller tubing = more velocity, less time to fill. (prob talking nano seconds)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I'm using a 2" myself.... My trottle body sits about two inches off the "T" using the stock cable.... I hope it works....

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Keep in mind that only one cylinder pulls from the tube at a time. Example- look at the size of the intake runners on the Nail. small compared to alot yet produce far more power.

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
RED BARON said:
Keep in mind that only one cylinder pulls from the tube at a time. Example- look at the size of the intake runners on the Nail. small compared to alot yet produce far more power.
Great example!

Cant argue with success with them or your own program E

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
RED BARON said:
Point taken....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts