Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I made a brand new Dodge Daytona do that on a test drive once.... It was kinda a tie between the brakes or the turbo.... I think the turbo glowed for a bit longer,,,,, :D

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
a guy that i knew had a diesel truck that was over fueled and when it got to the top of the summit, the turbo got so hot that you could see the turbin spin

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
padexc said:
the turbo got so hot that you could see the turbin spin
I was talking to a guy here that works with Indycar stuff. He came from England years ago and use to dyno F1 engines. He was telling about how the turbo use to glow and they could see the inside spinning.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,
That is a 4 liter, 6 cylinder 24 valve petrol engine out of a Ford Falcon XR6 produced in Australia. The engine is called a Barra and in its strongest production form produces 310Kw (416 Hp) and 565Nm (417lb-ft) of torque.

It is not uncommon to see some street cars with more than 600Hp and race engines with more than 1000Hp.

Hermann

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
probably inconel headers too, they like to glow! Good friend of mine used to run the Cosworth Dyno cell in Torrance, and he's got plenty of video where you can actually see through the headers! Can even see the "air-flow" inside the header tubes. Pretty freaking cool...

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
cadprovw said:
probably inconel headers too, they like to glow! Good friend of mine used to run the Cosworth Dyno cell in Torrance, and he's got plenty of video where you can actually see through the headers! Can even see the "air-flow" inside the header tubes. Pretty freaking cool...
c if you can post up sum
:agree:

·
Premium Member
9,004 Posts
Those are the low revving less monied teams.. The V10s that were used by Williams, Mac, and the red cars prior to the cost and power cutting moves of the FIA and Bernie all IDLED at around 7k and revved to 19-20,000 the incredible sound that those cars made sent shivvers down my spine.. Pissed off is putting it mildly ...ten thousand banshees on meth/crack would be closer..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts