Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Dom has one hell of a setup on that thing! Make sure you have the solid rocket boosters attached. LOL!

I've used Nitrous as an Intercooler for over a year now and I love it. Won't ever go back!
I have a Sniper Plate system under the carb and my solenoids under the rear wing.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
vwracer said:
Dom has one hell of a setup on that thing! Make sure you have the solid rocket boosters attached. LOL!

I've used Nitrous as an Intercooler for over a year now and I love it. Won't ever go back!
I have a Sniper Plate system under the carb and my solenoids under the rear wing.
Whos rear apron is that??Trying to make mine removeable out of a stock is getting to be a pain..

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
NoSlo5.0 said:
Whos rear apron is that??Trying to make mine removeable out of a stock is getting to be a pain..
Looks like my Creative Car Craft apron, their parts are so nice you just scuff and paint them.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts

I am getting ready to dyno my new set up tomorrow at the local v8 dyno day and I would like to spray the juice. I am looking for recommendations as to the max juice I should throw at it on 14 lbs of boost. I have a VW Paradise built 2387 bubble top case with 10mm head studs. I have a plate with 26 nos and 24 fuel jets under the 750 Holley. I am running 6 psi on the fuel so this should be about a 25 shot. I will be making 2 pulls before I spray just to get tuned and make sure everything is good. Any input would be appreciated. I have a variety of jets to plug in for the nos.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
mbugz60 said:

I am getting ready to dyno my new set up tomorrow at the local v8 dyno day and I would like to spray the juice. I am looking for recommendations as to the max juice I should throw at it on 14 lbs of boost. I have a VW Paradise built 2387 bubble top case with 10mm head studs. I have a plate with 26 nos and 24 fuel jets under the 750 Holley. I am running 6 psi on the fuel so this should be about a 25 shot. I will be making 2 pulls before I spray just to get tuned and make sure everything is good. Any input would be appreciated. I have a variety of jets to plug in for the nos.
Jason L. over at Paradise helped me set my Nitrous system up. In a nutshell, we spray a small 50 shot as a Chemical Intercooler and Pull 2 degrees of timing out for every 50 shot. On the Dyno the 50 shot only makes 28HP extra after taking the timing out but the Nitrous Shot cools the $hit out of the Intake charge. We also use a Wet Plate system under the Carb.

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
I think foggers spraying into the turbo might work better for getting closer to 50 hp. I used to run two foggers and it worked great for me, I ended up spraying 100 shot at 20 degrees with a mag.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Marty Staggs said:
I am thinking a big chain with the "come-along" that the truckers use to tie down the big heavy stuff.
I grew up racing outlaws and sprint cars. My family had a full machine/chassis shop and 4 test tracks on the property. Before they stopped the "Experimental" Class he built a 2 cylinder (2 single piston motors welded together) motor that ram on 90%- 100% Nitromethane. After a couple failures he had to weld a bar across the heads of each piston with all thread down to the motor mounts and torque them on to keep the heads from blowing off. During one race before the strap was added one of the heads ended up in the stands when it blew off. They made him start last always and the car stomped every car in the class at every race. Mostly ended up lapping everybody. My dad drove it and he said he could never get to full throttle because it would just blow the tires off. If you know sprint car tires they are pretty big.

We had to use a old 4cyl generator crank drive to start it. You get it going to about 3000 rpm and pour alcohol into the carbs then when it fires you open the fuel valve and back up. LOL...it was fun times. He did a lot of R&D on different stuff. Some worked...some blew up.

·
Registered
510 Posts
vwracer said:
Hope nobody minds I bring up this old thread?

I am very curieus how you use NOS as a (chemical) intercooler method: Is this what they mean by spraying it 'dry'? Does that mean without extra fuel at the same location?

I run EFI blow-thru 4x48mm TB's.

Thanks for any explanation! I am a totally newby to nos...
Walter

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Airspeed said:
Hope nobody minds I bring up this old thread?

I am very curieus how you use NOS as a (chemical) intercooler method: Is this what they mean by spraying it 'dry'? Does that mean without extra fuel at the same location?

I run EFI blow-thru 4x48mm TB's.

Thanks for any explanation! I am a totally newby to nos...
Walter
A "dry" nitrous system is a system that has only nitrous going through the nozzle. The required extra fuel is supplied via the EFI system through the fuel injectors.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts