Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
And one of those is probably very outdated, just like "How To Hotrod Volkswagen Engines" by Bill Fisher. Some very useful basic invariables, but technology has far surpassed those publications.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Actually these two books taught me alot of basics to work from,and I would recommend them to the beginner or novice simply because of the basic imformation provided for you to expand on. The basic information allows you to ask informed educated questions to your fellow racers. People will give you alot more info (good info) when you ask a smart question. Stupid questions usually get stupid answers. If I have learned anything from one of the Turbo Gods (Buck Fitty) do your homework.

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RED BARON said:
Actually these two books taught me allot of basics to work from,and I would recommend them to the beginner or novice simply because of the basic information provided for you to expand on. The basic information allows you to ask informed educated questions to your fellow racers. People will give you allot more info (good info) when you ask a smart question. Stupid questions usually get stupid answers. If I have learned anything from one of the Turbo Gods (Buck Fitty) do your homework.
I agree 100% Lear the basics first, and these both do that. Then climb the performance ladder.

Everyone always wants to start at the top, doesn't :-\ work that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts