Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am aware the chat room and tapatalk ap are both not working and I am trying to contact John to fix these for you guys

It stopped when site was moved to a new server so needs to be adjusted

Sorry for the issues but will do what I can to get it back up

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I dunno -- I kinda like having my name up there in lights for days at a time LOL

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I don't know if it's just me, but the site appears to have less and less posts daily. It not for Brian posting topics or commenting on several posts there be no action here. Where's everyone going? Is the interest dying, there is no more or less action on the lounge and samba forums.
Is the UAC going thru a down turn like NHRA?
If not for the forums and interaction on the internet are sport and hobby would not be here today.
Just looking for some comments.....maybe glass is half full, not half empty?....

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
I don't post much because of some people forcing their opinion on other. Its one thing to have your opinion, but sometimes you don't need to buy only the high dollar stuff to have fun with your car.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Greg G said:
I don't post much because of some people forcing their opinion on other. Its one thing to have your opinion, but sometimes you don't need to buy only the high dollar stuff to have fun with your car.
THIS^

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Greg G said:
Jeff Newcomb said:
I understand your feelings in this post as I am not immune to some of the daggers posted either

I am lucky enough to have great friends who have always helped with great insight and outlooks on tough situations

When I was frustrated with a situation stemming from just this issue I was told to take a deep breathe and pause a second. Then asked why would I waste 2 seconds on things I can not control, or let people get to me that I could care less what they think.

Makes a ton of sense as I pondered it

If we do not like a radio station or tv show we turn the channel we do not want the show to change to what we like because that just isnt going to happen as we know

The forums are no different than life, there are people you like and choose to spend time with. And then people you do not agree with and you avoid them at all costs

I agree with this philosophy and now just scroll past posts by people I know I will not agree with or like

But we can not let it effect our day, or our community can we?

If a member wants your help let them ask, do not try and force your superior knowledge on them would be a great guideline

The people that really "KNOW" what the way is to do it do not force it on anyone right. The ones on soapboxes telling our great they are usually are not what they claim are they :)

There are so man good people here in our community that would do anything for you and often do and the list is too long to attempt to name.

So enjoy them and ignore the Monday morning quarterbacks trying to talk like experts in every subject

If you talk to Shawn Geers, Roger Crawford, Paradise, Jack Sachette, Pat Downs, etc etc they would all have different way in doing things and different opinions right? Never see them talking down to people here and that is how champions do it
Now does that make one right or the others wrong? They all win championships and set records but in unique ways

If someone wants to use a certain number or type of fuel pumps and you disagree, let them, it is none of your business and trying to tell them they are wrong usually comes across the wrong way.
Especially in a public post, a private PM goes much further without trying to humiliate the member

So if someone has a different way then you, it doesn't mean your right and they are wrong be supportive of your fellow members

Respect the other members of the community and their opinions and we all have more fun

Greg you are having a great time I imagine with Jacob and I would ignore anyone who is negative they are probably jealous :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.