Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
POSTING GUIDELINES AND SUGGESTIONS

It has occurred to me that a few guidelines might be helpful to consider while posting here on UAC to avoid feuds here that irritate all of the members

Never post anything you wouldn't want to say to the person face to face!

Great saying is "Never let your tongue (or fingers) get your teeth knocked out" A keyboard isn't a weapon and shouldn't be used for one
No one respects a keyboard tough guy talking smack from his mothers basement anyway

Never,never,never, NEVER POST WHILE ANGRY!!!!
Talk to the hand This is the top problem with most confrontations on forums. If someone has pissed you off sleep on it before you post.Sometimes that knee jerk reaction has lasting repercussions.

If you have a problem with a UAC member send them a email or PM
, the whole community does not want to know your problems even if you think they do.
KEEP ARGUMENTS PRIVATE IN PMs, DO NOT POST PERSONAL ISSUES KEEP THEM "PERSONAL"
And if you PM someone directly sometimes you will find out things were misunderstood and you have no need to get upset in the first place.

Don't have thin skin, seriously!
People are gonna say things you don't like but don't take it personal, move on. And if they are wrong prove them wrong at the track

Do not post anything that is a personal attack on another UAC family member.
Nothing good will ever come from it, EVER! So if nothing good will come from personal attacks then why waste your time? If only to "make you feel better" get over it and stop acting like a child. Personal attacks make people (more than just the target) question why they are here and putting up with this crap.

This runs people off and the events dwindle, it is all unforeseen consequences but the results are there from yes a single negative post

Your posts effect the whole community.
We all need to think how will your post effect the members, promoters, sponsors etc. Because there is more to the community that just you and your feelings and desires , you do know that don't you?
Negative comments can effect events,sponsorships etc whether you think it does or not,and in the end it then does effect you in down the road.

Contact me if there is a serious problem

If you have tried to take a deep breathe,ignore comments that irritate you, and also tried to make direct contact in a PM all with negative results please contact me directly at [email protected] before taking it to some posting feud that everyone doesn't want to see.

Our community has survived long long after most thought it would. And the reason why is because of quality people that step up and do those things that need to be done sometimes for no reason other than to help.
And negative comments can make those people as "why they do it" and this could effect our community. It can (and has) made sponsors withdraw which directly effects events

I have broken some of these rules myself in the past and have personally seen results,so these rules are some I follow myself now to avoid problems in the future.
I think they are a good baseline for all of us

Older and wiser always helps

Brian

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big Power said:
You left off, Never post while intoxicated.
LOL Absolutely right but thought one person might think I was calling him out, and this was meant to everyone

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 2013 season is here and we need to all think positive and support those others in our community

Lets help our fellow racers and support the promoters that give us a place to play

Not everyone thinks like you, but thats ok. Don't be offended by different opinions

Please be respectful of other UAC members

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.