Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Brian Watts said:
Anyone have a photo of Under Pressure?

Or any background info on who built it and owned it before Van?

I have never seen that one
If it is the "Pressure Sensitive" dragster then its original owner was Steve Foster from Texas. He was the owner of Bug-E-Wherehouse. We bought the dragster from him in '92 with no engine. We campaigned the dragster with a Pauter block, Auto-craft headed, Hilborn injected 2854cc. The dragster originally had Jerico 4 speed air shift tranny. After continuous problems with tranny failures we installed a powerglide. The best time ever posted were low 7.40's at high 170's. The chassis was only certified to go 7.50. For the work needed to update the chassis we opted to build a new Bob Meyer T/A chassis with a Lenco 3 speed. We sold the car rolling (less engine & fuel system) to Todd Gosney who lived in Washington. Then Todd sold the dragster to Dan/Dave ? Pickering? from the Oregon/Washington area. A Pauter big block engine was installed with Hilborn injection. Pickering? ran in the high 7.30's to low 7.40's with tech all over his a$$ about the chassis cert.
If would be cool to see it out again.
Jason

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
FTG Racing said:
If it is the "Pressure Sensitive" dragster then its original owner was Steve Foster from Texas. He was the owner of Bug-E-Wherehouse. We bought the dragster from him in '92 with no engine. We campaigned the dragster with a Pauter block, Auto-craft headed, Hilborn injected 2854cc. The dragster originally had Jerico 4 speed air shift tranny. After continuous problems with tranny failures we installed a powerglide. The best time ever posted were low 7.40's at high 170's. The chassis was only certified to go 7.50. For the work needed to update the chassis we opted to build a new Bob Meyer T/A chassis with a Lenco 3 speed. We sold the car rolling (less engine & fuel system) to Todd Gosney who lived in Washington. Then Todd sold the dragster to Dan/Dave ? Pickering? from the Oregon/Washington area. A Pauter big block engine was installed with Hilborn injection. Pickering? ran in the high 7.30's to low 7.40's with tech all over his a$$ about the chassis cert.
Jason
Thanks Jason

I thought it was on a HotVWs cover awhile back but searched and didn't find it? Found your dads dragster on the cover :) But not that one!

I agree it would be cool to see it back out again.

I am all for more dragster and I am sure you guys would love to have some competition out there!!

I hear through the grapevine their are all these dragsters that could run with minimal work or time to get ready but just don't come out because of prize money or (insert reason here) which I hate to hear because it was so cool in the mid to late 80s when you always had 5-10 dragsters at almost every single event without fail!

Not all of them were big bad turbo killers, some were aspirated smaller ones like Dan Lynch, Terry Gordon, or Lloyd Mosher.

They all were fun to watch!

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Before the dragsters even come back. We need a RACE ASSOCIATION that SUPPORTS the RACERS. Not create drama like whats been going on. Besides the cost of fuel, tow rigs and maintaining the cars are getting out of control. A large percent of the VW dragsters out in hidding right now are comp cars only certified to 7.50. If they try stepping up to the advance et cert the cost of the dragsters and engine maintenance starts spinning out of control. NHRA rules are always changing. At the May Sac they were not going to let Wolfgang run his dragster because Steves fire suit was not the correct SFI rating. Kris & I offered our spare fire suit so Steve could run. But now when Steve goes out to buy a new fire suit, he will tack $800 + for saftey equipment.
We run for fun. We do not need anybody in the other lane to push our effort further. It's cool to see the cars (dragsters) race against each other, but theirs nothing out there for the dragsters or any PRA class. We all do it for the love of racing VW's and hanging with friends. But their comes a time when cost out ways the fun.
Jason

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
buggdude67 said:
Brian Watts said:
Dominick

know anything about the UP dragster?
Brian, I will give Van a call tomorrow and see if he has any pics or info about the car he can send.
Rich
I called all three numbers I have for Van and could not get in contact with him. I will keep trying and hopefully get some info on the car.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Then Todd sold the dragster to Dan/Dave ? Pickering? from the Oregon/Washington area. A Pauter big block engine was installed with Hilborn injection. Pickering? ran in the high 7.30's to low 7.40's with tech all over his a$$ about the chassis cert.
Jason
[/quote]

That rings a bell! I believe Pickering was the owner before Van.
Thanks for the history Jason!

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Spy Shots! - Pressure Sensitive Dragster

UAF Exclusive
Spy Shots of the Pressure Sensitive Dragster.
(poor quality OK)

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Greg

BITCHING!!! Love spy shots!!

So you keeping them exclusive to us special members at Ultimate Aircooled ? ;)

Save the best for the best!

Looks like it needs a serious cleaning and rebuilding!!

Is it still going to be at Sac raceway Saturday?

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
An Absolute UAF Exclusive!
The dragster will be at Sac this saturday for inspection leading to recert.
Wayne will go through the motor and the rest of the car.
Chad sat in the car for the first time tonight. He fits!
I am working a sponsorship deal to get my name on the car.
It will make a comeback. Time frame....unknown.

I will keep info coming as it is made available to me.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Thanks Jason

I thought it was on a HotVWs cover awhile back but searched and didn't find it? Found your dads dragster on the cover :) But not that one!

I agree it would be cool to see it back out again.

I am all for more dragster and I am sure you guys would love to have some competition out there!!

I hear through the grapevine their are all these dragsters that could run with minimal work or time to get ready but just don't come out because of prize money or (insert reason here) which I hate to hear because it was so cool in the mid to late 80s when you always had 5-10 dragsters at almost every single event without fail!

Not all of them were big bad turbo killers, some were aspirated smaller ones like Dan Lynch, Terry Gordon, or Lloyd Mosher.

They all were fun to watch!

[/quote]

The car was featured in VW trends in the early 90's when Steve Foster owned it. June of '94 was when it was in Hot VW's when we owned it. May of '96 had our red dragster on the cover. Some of the engine parts (intake scoop, intake ect.) from the red car are now on the Pressure Sensitive (Van Day) dragster.
Jason

21 - 40 of 92 Posts