Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,117 Posts
I heard something about that chassis not being re-certable to current NHRA standards? I don't know the deatils, but I heard that. Rumor?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I will try to dig up more info in the next couple of days. I should see Chad at Wednesday Night Drags.
I will also be crewing for Mellow Insanity this weekend at NHRA Fram/Autolite at Infineon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
I am feeling a "gag order" has been placed?

Greg was open and sharing info, then nada zippo? What gives, did someone open their mouth and let the cat out of the bag?

I too am hoping to see the dragster at BOR!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,854 Posts
1bad67 said:
I am feeling a "gag order" has been placed?

Greg was open and sharing info, then nada zippo? What gives, did someone open their mouth and let the cat out of the bag?

I too am hoping to see the dragster at BOR!
If he can, Greg will post. If not then be patient and keep your eyes and hears open. You'll see it when it is ready!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
The Dragster is on the move but it is a slow process. Other unrelated factors have taken precedence. If things work out, you may be get a surprise firsthand sneak peek sooner than you think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Gag order is in place but.......
It was at BOTI in Sacramento.
Was hoping to catch up with Brian and Jason to give them a sneak peek but...

The Dragster is very close by. If Brian is not overwhelmed with the announced launch of the Unlimited Air Cooled.com at BOR 62, maybe we can take a quick trip for a first hand look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,854 Posts
BadDogRacing said:
If Brian is not overwhelmed with the announced launch of the Unlimited Air Cooled.com at BOR 62, maybe we can take a quick trip for a first hand look.
Umm thats "ULTIMATE" Aircooled there Greg LOL ;D

Love to see it first hand, thanks for the offer!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
ErikTheRed said:
I heard something about that chassis not being re-certable to current NHRA standards?
That is the word. Those in the know have already said in this thread, the chassis is just to old and nowhere close to todays standard. Although Chad could have run it "Exhibition" he is too bright of a young man to climb into a death trap.
For the record the Dragster has been sitting in it's trailer parked at Sacramento Raceway for the past 2 months. It was picked up this last weekend to go back into moth ball storage.
Too bad, I was really hoping to see another Dragster in the line up.

End of story.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,117 Posts
So find another platform and stab the motor/trans into it!! Who wants to mothball a powerhouse engine like that? Find a way to USE IT!!
 
41 - 60 of 92 Posts
Top