Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
that is one heck of deal. but what the hell do you do with it ? the engine is worth well over the asking price. huge cc engine . to big for p/m.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
ryan68bug said:
I'm confused... in the ad it says the engine and trans were built by VW Paradise. I remember Ocean Street Dan saying that previous owner Dave Pickering assembled some "leftover performance parts" in building the engine for the rail in one of the PRA videos. I wouldn't be surprised if Pickering took credit for someone else's work (see my earlier comments for my reasoning), but I'm just curious as to who did in fact build the engine that's in the car; perhaps it was sold at some point without an engine or trans?
We had nothing to do with it after it was sold. Todd Gosney bought a Pauter long block from us for $4000. It was beyond used up but would work. But who knows whats in it now, the car has past through three different owners.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Marty Staggs said:
Yeah, I dont recall anyone else ever running a 6 besides the Lauffers and Keoki.

I think Steve will be next. ;)
if your talking about phillips it will only be with a bigger turbo, he's maxed out with what he has now. maybe next year though

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
FTG Racing said:
We had nothing to do with it after it was sold. Todd Gosney bought a Pauter long block from us for $4000. It was beyond used up but would work. But who knows whats in it now, the car has past through three different owners.
Ah, gotcha.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Lance is trying to talk himself into buying it -- or is it -- he is trying to talk his wife into letting him buy it LOL

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
That's another down payment on a rental property for me so I would buy it but ten years from now I can buy a new one with the profits on that home.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I have enough freakin houses... I had the wife sold on it and even upgraded the life insurance then I come home and find it pending... damn..

Somehow it turned out that I was buying it and Ricg Grise was driving. now how did that happen... :drag racer: :skid:

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
shouldn't have stayed for that last beer or two LOL

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
You can never have too many homes. We are having a hard time getting forclosures now, I lost out on three in a row in the area we are buying in. One had 30 offers on it!

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
What ended up happening with this car/engine?

Car being out of cert was it cut up and engine sold or what?

Be nice to know the engine was being used again after sitting so many years

81 - 92 of 92 Posts