Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Guys, Dom will not be able to make the race. They rushed his father to the hospital around 1AM this morning and it does not look good. Rick will be there as race Director as always. Let's keep the Luppino family in our thoughts and prayers!!!! I will post updates as I receive them.

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Per Rick Sadler

"I will begin vehicle inspections this afternoon/evening to help expedite things. We leave tomorrow at 7:30am for the cruise to the track. My cell number is 714-814-8002

Prayers to the Luppino Family!"

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
The Unlimited Street class should be good

Lots of cars and rumor has it Eric Calebrese will be doing double duty with driving the Red Baron and Scott Fetherolfs chopped street car

Looks like car count is 6 cars

Our thoughts are with Dominic Luppino and his family today as well

·
Registered
882 Posts
I was pushing hard to get there with my POS but had a silly O2 sensor failure happen too late yesterday afternoon. I just couldn't justify making the trip with no tune in the car :dunno:

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks to our great sponsors, here are the pay outs.

Winner1900 Total 1250 cash 400 BUGPACK Certificate 250 Turbo Smart Certificate

Runner-Up 800 Total 500 cash 200 BUGPACK Certificate 100 Turbo Smart Certificate

Semi RunnerUps 200 Total 100 Cash 100 BUGPACK Certificate

Quick ET and Top MPH 100 Turbo Smart Certificate Grand

Total $3300 Purse.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Dominick Luppino said:
Congratulations, Eric Calebrese winner: Unlimited Street & Shag Leone Runner up!!!
CALABRESE got a lucky break this weekend..no CLOWN car to put him on the trailer..LOL

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Shagg was hauling --- great job to everyone --- wish my car was ready --- might make Drag day

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Killed me not being there! Congrats to everyone that entered! I'll be aiming to have the car rebuilt in time for next year!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Eaallred said:
Killed me not being there! Congrats to everyone that entered! I'll be aiming to have the car rebuilt in time for next year!

Killed you, I had mine sitting loaded in the front of my house and was going to leave at 4 AM until I received the call at 1:00 AM telling me they were taking my Dad to the Hospital, I can't thank Rick Sadler for taking care of business! I really think it could have put a big number on the board, I was that confident!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bummer, no Drag Day Dominick, SEMA should be cool though. I went last year, it is crazy how big it is. Anybody else doing Drag Day.........Shag? Unlimited Street was so cool, thanks again Dom and Rick for such a fun event.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts