Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a model my son Sam made from a Revell convertible kit. See if you can guess what car he was trying to replicate. The turbo motor I made years ago for a dragster model I was trying to build, but could never finish. One of the things Sam was not able to do was build a roll cage, but he sure nailed the rest of the car.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lanky said:
That is sweet! Where do you find cool vw models anyway? RC country or other hobby shops?
Lanky, I have been collecting VW models for years. Any time I found them for sale when they were still priced under 10.00 I would but as many as I could or they had for sale. Most of the time I found them at drug stores of all places. Hobby shops always thought their plastic models were made of gold and were way over priced.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eric madson said:
soft brass tubing and some soder...done cage. Old slotcar building stuff. I like the model.....cool
Eric, thanks for the tip. I have heated up the plastic round stock for frame building, I am sure I can make that work, not sure I can work brass tubing.

Thanks
Rich

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Hobby lobby sells soft brass rod that can be bent anyway. Then just sweat the tubing together and paint. Its easy. I have been racing hard body 1/24 slot cars and building modified bodied cars with nurf bars. It works well and people dig it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts