Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
wow i think that car was on its way in as i was pulling out oftexas- that must have been 3 years ago now atleast- rick does some killer work thats for sure

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What class is he planning on running and when?

Hadn't heard of this car so in the dark myself?

Glad to see another car coming for sure and look forward to meeting Vince

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hey Brian, First off I just wanted to say you have a very cool site going on here. I just wish I would of known about it sooner. I found it through Greg's posts on CLF.

Thanks for the interest in my little project.

Brian Watts said:
What class is he planning on running and when?

Hadn't heard of this car so in the dark myself?

Glad to see another car coming for sure and look forward to meeting Vince

To answer some of your question.
Class : I will be starting out in P/E
When : Good question, If this had gone as planned 2 yrs. ago. Next year. I hope so.

This car has been put on the back burner since coming back from Texas. Due to work an another project that I am working on which is a '56 Bug street car. It's not much to look at ,but it has kept me busy when I have some spare time. Hoping to have it driving in time for Vegas.

Hopefully thing can start rolling again on the race car after Vegas when things slow down for me and my #1 engine builder and fabricator can fit me in at that time if he's not to busy. We will see how thing go.

·
Registered
267 Posts
OK, Thanks Marty. The way thing are going right now it will probably be after Vegas. We are currently building another new plant in Yorba Linda and that burns up about 6 days of my week and the other day I spend recouping or working on the '56.

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Vince W. said:
Hey Brian, First off I just wanted to say you have a very cool site going on here. I just wish I would of known about it sooner. I found it through Greg's posts on CLF.

Thanks for the interest in my little project.

To answer some of your question.
Class : I will be starting out in P/E
When : Good question, If this had gone as planned 2 yrs. ago. Next year. I hope so.

This car has been put on the back burner since coming back from Texas. Due to work an another project that I am working on which is a '56 Bug street car. It's not much to look at ,but it has kept me busy when I have some spare time. Hoping to have it driving in time for Vegas.

Hopefully thing can start rolling again on the race car after Vegas when things slow down for me and my #1 engine builder and fabricator can fit me in at that time if he's not to busy. We will see how thing go.

Vince,

Great to hear from you, please keep in touch with the progress of the car.

And PLEASE add photos to this thread.

The members love that stuff, and Dean's Pro Mod thread is the 2nd most popular post on the whole forum!

So please keep us updated!

Brian

·
Registered
267 Posts
I tried posting pics but no luck. The biggest one is 98kb. I keep getting an error. I guess I will have to read how to post pics.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Brian Watts said:
What class are you looking into long term?

It will be Super Comp. Unless Lance can twist enough arms to get the 9.90 class going. Then that would be the class for me in a few years.

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
9.90? Wick it up a notch and run er' in ProMod! I know damn good and well Marty can build some horsepower, so no excuses.

;D

1 - 20 of 54 Posts