Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a sand rail with a VW engine. I started it up yesterday and let it run for about 10 minutes. As I checked it out I found that the exhaust pipes on the drivers side were still cold, it was only running on half the engine. What could some of the reasons it has this problem? I am not a mechanic

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently got a sand rail with a VW engine. I started it up yesterday and let it run for about 10 minutes. As I checked it out I found that the exhaust pipes on the drivers side were still cold, it was only running on half the engine. What could some of the reasons it has this problem? I am not a mechanic
Then visit one if you can. Mechanics like karlknudsen.com.au would be helpful for your dilemma.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my wife has a 1965 VW trike. with a 1300 single port engine, . The last guy that worked on it did a complete tune-up on the engine and replaced the electric fuel pump with a new manual fuel pump and had the engine running like it should. Then when he drove it for a test drive every time you stop at a stop sign the engine stalls. He said that he thought this was happening because there is a broken manifold stud behind the curve in the pipe that is causing the carb to suck cold air and that was why it was stalling. unfortunately he didn't have the time to tare into and replace the stud. has anyone out there ever heard of this being true or not

1 - 4 of 4 Posts