Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
This is going to be a "Banzai" run for me, but we are very much looking forward to it as well.

Started a NEW job a couple of weeks back. Today I informed them bout taking off Fri. the 19th to make the drive, 8)
then I explained that I would also need the 3rd thru the 6th of Oct. off for Vegas,.. :no:, Looks like I,ll have to drive back from Vegas on the 5th to be back for work on the 6th :(.....oh well...

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
The Inspector said:
This is going to be a "Banzai" run for me, but we are very much looking forward to it as well.

Started a NEW job a couple of weeks back. Today I informed them bout taking off Fri. the 19th to make the drive, 8)
then I explained that I would also need the 3rd thru the 6th of Oct. off for Vegas,.. :no:, Looks like I,ll have to drive back from Vegas on the 5th to be back for work on the 6th :(.....oh well...
I feel the pain there! The last few Vegas trips i've done were "work on Monday" after the show. Man, it beats you up!

See you in Grand Junction. Hopefully i'll have something 'neat' for show and tell for you guys by that time. ;)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
GETTING CLOSE......I THINK THE TRACK WILL BE AMAZED. WEATHER REPORT......HIGH 70'S...NO NOTED RAIN ISSUE TODAY

THREE CARS ...MORE? ...SALT LAKE
MONTY FOSTER
PAUL LOGAN
RICK MUSTARD
STEVE STEWART
MADSON...THE BUGGY ONLY
PAINTERS GRINDING
DENVER AREA CARS........FOUR OR MORE

FAST CLASS LOOKS GOOD!

ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD FIELD OF STREET CARS

PS..THE GHIA WILL BE AT HOME.......LOW ET AND TOP MPH IS UP FOR GRABS

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Yesterday at 10 am the motor was in a "million" pieces on the VWP bench.

I spent the day observing Jason put it all back together.
{HAVE I EVER MENTIONED ALL THE HELP I GET FROM VWP} :w00t:
Got it home, got it in and fired it this morning at 10am.

Will meet Jay at the shop in a couple of hours and have the Tune Master {Kris} do his magic.
{HAVE I EVER MENTIONED ALL THE HELP I GET FROM VWP} :w00t:

Low ET and MPH up for grabs, :hrmm:......... maybe will go with the MONDO jets :eek:k:

Quote from Carl: ' Juice it Baby"

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Still having a gremlin with my car. It's cutting out a bit for some reason. Can't figure it out.

I don't think i'll be running my best at GJ. Gotta figure out what's going on.

I think Paul has a very good chance at ET and MPH this year!

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Eaallred said:
Still having a gremlin with my car. It's cutting out a bit for some reason. Can't figure it out.
May have found the culprit. Alternator coverplate (behind the pulley, held on by three screws) had come loose. Now the alternator is charging again, and so far no wierd cutting out (idling in my garage anyway).

Time to put the stinger back on the car so we can make some noise! lol

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Sweet. I'll be rolling into town Friday afternoon. Going to leave here at about 2pm-ish. Just ran the car down at the shop, and got it sideways in second. She sounds good right now, but who knows what she'll run. Just wish I could find someone with a Dyno. They're like chickens teeth around here. I've met plenty of guys that have access to one, but when it comes time to give them some cash and strap it down, I can't get ahold of them for whatever reason.

Quite frustrating, but oh well. Hey, anyone in Grand Junction have a dyno avaliable Friday night? ;)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hey Eric..we have a local shop doing an open house burger night Friday for the VWs. Six o'clock tilll ? The Foriegn Aid...Steve Stewarts shop ( he has the speedster racecar ) FREE FOOD FOR YOU! They are located on North 25 road off of 1-70 business loop. Local number 970-243-4354..my number is 970-216-9458

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
eric madson said:
Hey Eric..we have a local shop doing an open house burger night Friday for the VWs. Six o'clock tilll ? The Foriegn Aid...Steve Stewarts shop ( he has the speedster racecar ) FREE FOOD FOR YOU! They are located on North 25 road off of 1-70 business loop. Local number 970-243-4354..my number is 970-216-9458
Sweet, have a 'formal' address that I can type into my navigation to get there?

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
:howdy: :waassup:

It,s 2 in the morning and I cant sleep.

You would not Fu$%ing believe what Jason and Kris have done to make sure I am at this event!!!

These guys have pulled out all the "Stops",..... I,ll be bringing some Serious N/A power.... :surrender:

I got the MONDO NOS Jets with me :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Quote from Carl, "Juice it Baby"

See you guys at Steve,s place....................................................................

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Man, what a GREAT time! Even though electrical gremlins kept me from making an elimination pass, I still had a great time. From the BBQ on Friday night, to the racing/blockparty on Saturday at the track, to a late dinner at Boston's Saturday night, to the awesome breakfast this morning at Madson Manor, this weekend was great! Re-affirms if I have to pick ONE show to go to that is out of state, this is the one!

Now to see if I can't track down the gremlin in my car before Vegas. I may or may not make it down there!

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
What a FABULOUS Weekend compliments of the Madson Racing....

So nice to take home some CASH and a couple of Placques, {Top MPH and 1st place Consolation} :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Just got home from the 15 hr. drive home..... I,m beat...

Will post up pics and Vids and some more details after I get cleaned up...............

·
Registered
67 Posts
The racing at Grand Junction was great. Eric put on a real show with his buggy. We had a good time meeting new racers and visiting with old friends. Eric knows how to put on a good race. His wife and family provide an awsome breakfast too. Thanks Eric for putting on such a good event. We will be back next year for sure.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.