Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Site Admin
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum belongs to the community, so we want to hear your feedback!

This is an open thread, asking for any and all feedback on what changes you'd like to see for our community?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
just sent a reply to a pm, only allowed me to do 1000 characters..i had to split the msg up into two pms. make that 3k maybe please.

ty

·
Site Admin
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What happened to the ability to see what users were on line? Will that be restored at some point?
Yes, that feature is still there.

On the Forums page, scroll down towards the bottom of the page, and after all the forum sections, you'll see another section showing everyone who is online.

·
Site Admin
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just sent a reply to a pm, only allowed me to do 1000 characters..i had to split the msg up into two pms. make that 3k maybe please.
I checked the settings and the limit was set to 10,000 characters. I increased it to 20,000 so hopefully that helps out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Why when you click on a post you have been on before does it go to the beginning? its much easier if it goes to where to were last at rather have to scroll through to find where you were at
thanks Will

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
I want to know where Brian Watts is at? Why hasn't he been around for a while now when he was the one that built this place?

·
Site Admin
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why when you click on a post you have been on before does it go to the beginning? its much easier if it goes to where to were last at rather have to scroll through to find where you were at
thanks Will
Will, have you tried clicking on the red diamond in front of the updated topic? That's been working for me.
+1 to madoski's response.

When you notice that new threads have been updated, to the left of the Thread Title, you'll see a red notification and when you click that, it will take you to the first unread post since you last visited the forum. Screenshot here:

I am considering changing this from a red notification dot to a red arrow to make it easier and more user friendly.

·
Registered
249 Posts
+1 to madoski's response.

When you notice that new threads have been updated, to the left of the Thread Title, you'll see a red notification and when you click that, it will take you to the first unread post since you last visited the forum. Screenshot here:

I am considering changing this from a red notification dot to a red arrow to make it easier and more user friendly.
The problem with that is that it only shows new post since your last visit. The old system showed new posts since you last viewed that thread, whether it was on your last visit or not. Under the new system it's too easy to miss posts - I don't view every area of the forum on every visit so I've found that I can't see what threads I've read in the past. For example, I only dip into the technical areas when I've got the time to read it properly, but I look at the drag racing and project race car sections far more often.
Does that make sense?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts