Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I collect VW toys. I have been collecting VW toys for so many years now. I remember my very first VW toy. It was a Bus of course, a Lesney Bus. I bought it in Downtown Flosom during the street fair. As I remember it was 15.00 back then, which was expensive.

I also collected small liquor bottles. I at one time had over 150 different small liquor bottles as well as many other small bottles in my collection.

I also collect Ca Black plates for my shop wall art. If anyone would like to donate or sell any to me, PM me and we can talk. I just went out and counted and I have 81 total black plates right now. Thanks.

SO WHAT DO YOU COLLECT, VW RELATED OR NOT?

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
Whoa.... some old "nickel-plate" (as I knew them) Mongoose bikes .......... before Walmart and China took over.

A PK Ripper? Haven't seen one of those in at least 15 years.

Got a Redline? A Skyway? A Haro? A GT? Or an Elf, even? Damn, brings back some memories of all the popular BMX bikes from the 80's. I had a Panda. :-[

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
Oh damn, a few more that have come back to me......

Hutch
Diamondback
DG
Torker
Dyno
FreeAgent
Kuwahara

And of course all the po' kids brands......

Kent
Huffy
Free Spirit
Royce Union
Murray
And yes, Panda ;)

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jason, I got a bike to add to your collection. It does need a little work. It's missing the pedal on the right side. Maybe you have one laying around.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
thanks lanky... major mongoose flashbacks! i used to be the local bikeshop's parts 'tester' and they all went on my goose!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That's my favorite bike! They are still fairly cheap and not very hard to find at all. I have built the black 81' supergoose, a 77', 78', 2-79's, 80', and an 80' team goose since the beginning of this year. Then I built an 87' Elf for my girlfriend.(the chrome one above) It's a lot of fun to do when I'm not doing vw stuff.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
i'd love to have a Panda with haro bars and Z rims as well. i loved my Z rims... saved me big $ to relace them myself vs. killing hd rims

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
buggdude67 said:
I also collect Ca Black plates for my shop wall art. If anyone would like to donate or sell any to me, PM me and we can talk. I just went out and counted and I have 81 total black plates right now. Thanks.

SO WHAT DO YOU COLLECT, VW RELATED OR NOT?
Some of my vanity plate collection

1 - 19 of 19 Posts