Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

How do you feel?

• Are you satisfied with the PRA overall?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Are you unhappy with the PRA?

• Do you think only a dozen or so vocal people who are unhappy?

• Do you think the majority is unhappy??

• Are you a "Race my Race and mind my own business" person?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 724 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please keep this constructive. Place your vote and feel free to post constructive comments
What would you PRA members like to see done?
Are you satisfied with the PRA overall?
Are you unhappy with the PRA?
Do you think only a dozen or so vocal people who are unhappy?
Do you think the majority is unhappy??
Are you a "Race my Race and mind my own business" person?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Re: What Should We Do? A Poll

Mike great Poll!

I think the vast majority are unhappy with the broken promises of the new and the old leadership but the majority avoid slinging mud and just sit back and race with their fingers crossed it will get better. But they are not happy at all from the emails and phone calls I am seeing

If you people are happy or not for god sakes voice your opinion here dont just sit back and be unhappy

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

I don't race in the PRA or attended any races lately (stationed in the UK, a little far away) but I like to follow all the drag racing series as a VW racing fan. I think it is unfortunate that the PRA doesn't communicate with their racers. Take the website for example, it still has Las Vegas (end of '08 information) on the main page. I do understand that the PRA is not Kevin's (and whoever else is assisting) main job that they do it on the side but I know people pay good money to travel and race their VWs so they expect to be rewarded (trophies, money, updated website, etc.). Just the opinion of an outsider looking in!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Don't need to post your opinion. Just place your vote. And Brian is right. The PRA NEEDS to hear it.... while there is time to fix it.

This was the best way I could think of the get a good cross section of input even from those who are not inclined to put their opinions out there.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

BadBlueGhia said:
Then he needs to delegate the responsabilities the pra requires to be run there have been tons of offers to help but so far nothing other than Brian making a section here for it and mike helping to relay info from pras dead forum to here. and lance tried to help as well but seems he got fed up and back out which I cant blame him if they dont have time they shouldn't have taken the position and should hand it off now
Not disagreeing with you!

·
Registered
12,854 Posts

Mike Lawless said:
Don't need to post your opinion. Just place your vote. And Brian is right. The PRA NEEDS to hear it.... while there is time to fix it.
I think Mike this is set up perfectly, for those that would like to just show how they feel by a vote they can do so.

And for those that want to share with more description they can express themselves as well.

I think the key to it all in the big picture is to share how you feel if your a PRA member bottom line.

If you are happy with the way things are then say that with a vote or a post it's up to you.

But I will be disappointed if the votes stop at 20 or 30 because every single member should vote on this to show your feelings or a long controversial subject.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

If they do stop at 20 or 30 Brian, that shows the majority doesn't give a rat's ass and deserve what they get... or don't get.

There are 172 registered users of the PRA forum. I'd guess there are a few members who are not. Only a few are very vocal. The majority are "lurkers". As long as they vote. We can then show Kevin what the "State of the PRA" really is.

·
Registered
693 Posts

I have placed my vote for not happy with the way thing's are going. I don't know if the majority is unhappy with the PRA which is why I did not vote that option. The PRA could improve most of what is wrong with communication.
I posted on the PRA forum last week re: the updating of point's, and the web site. This was supposed to be one of the "correct channels" to getting answers or action. as of today there has been no communication via the forum, email, or phone call ( not that a phone call was needed ). I know Kevin is busy and would never "bash" him personally as I consider Kevin a Friend. I would just like to know (like many ) WHAT IS GOING ON ??
I enjoy running the PRA for the competition and friendship/camaraderie, but do I need to find a new organization to invest my time, and money ?
The offer for help has been given and taken away by many due to lack of communication and possibly commitment.
Kevin, and Eric... If you need the help, Please ASK !

·
Registered
12,854 Posts

Mike Lawless said:
If they do stop at 20 or 30 Brian, that shows the majority doesn't give a rat's ass and deserve what they get... or don't get.

There are 172 registered users of the PRA forum. I'd guess there are a few members who are not. Only a few are very vocal. The majority are "lurkers". As long as they vote. We can then show Kevin what the "State of the PRA" really is.
I agree 100% and want to hear from at least 100 then!!

The lurkers need to be heard on this one!!!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

Just like others I have offered my help to Kevin in the form of a website. My latest offer went unaswered so I decided to do an un-official website for the racers and fans of the PRA at my own cost. It should be up in a few days and I will post a link when it is. Any ideas, features, etc that the members of the PRA would like to see I would love to hear them at [email protected].

·
Premium Member
2,812 Posts

I can say this as a new racer. All of the commotion on the subject has kept me from buying a PRA membership. I have a car that will compete in a PRA class and two events are held in my hometown. I just have no confidence in the PRA and I am not really following along too closely with the problems. I have other venues to go race my car and I will just run Sportsman at the Sac Bugos. My two cents.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts

If I state my opinion, AJ will say I am bashing the PRA……………………………. :turd:...jk AJ

There is allot of good and some things like the website that need work, if the PRA says that there will be a winner circle, and new trophy, follow-through with it, there forum is a ghost town… questions don’t get answered, and then you are told to call the PRA to get answers?? Why do they have a forum? If I was a class sponsor for 09 and the tab does not work on the PRA on the website?? Try to keep the sponsors happy; sometimes it is the small things that count, Kevin is a good guy and a hard worker, but IMHO he can’t do it all by himself, people offer to help all the time take them up on it….. and ask for help if you need some? Kevin will make the PRA better it will take some time But ……. Update the website; answer questions on the PRA forum, new Trophy (Yes or No) winner circle (Yes or No) follow- through, communication to the members, update the website after each race with updated points in the first week after that race, if you take care of the small things the BIG things like new classes? How to get new sponsors? And how to grow the PRA? Safety,? New Rules? Keeping cost down for the racers? Can happen…………………..? I like Kevin and I will help the PRA with anything just say the word…………

js

·
Registered
12,854 Posts

DLX-Fe said:
I can say this as a new racer. All of the commotion on the subject has kept me from buying a PRA membership. I have a car that will compete in a PRA class and two events are held in my hometown. I just have no confidence in the PRA and I am not really following along too closely with the problems. I have other venues to go race my car and I will just run Sportsman at the Sac Bugos. My two cents.
Thats what my fear is that this is happening on a larger scale!

Thanks for your opinion and sharing Doug

Poll is 27 to 1 at this point and that seems to support the rumors,emails, and pit "talk" I have heard to this point

·
Registered
12,854 Posts

Jon Schweers said:
If I state my opinion, AJ will say I am bashing the PRA……………………………. :turd:...jk AJ
That seems to be the reaction whenever suggestions are made. It's not bashing if your intent is to improve!!

Jon Schweers said:
Kevin is a good guy and a hard worker, but IMHO he can’t do it all by himself, people offer to help all the time take them up on it….. and ask for help if you need some?
This is 100% the point in my humble opinion.
Kevin IS A GOOD GUY I really like Kevin, but he is too busy like allot of us and can't get it all don't because of work. Which is understandable.

What isn't understandable is why he refuses to take advantage of all the offers to help to get what needs to be done, DONE!

Jason Culley and Mike Lawless have offered to help with website so why haven't they been used?

Lance Gregory offered to print the newsletter for free if I remember right, so why still no newsletter?

Lots of others have offered to help in anyway they can as I did but so far nothing.

I am at the point I am considering dropping the PRA forum section on The UAC since we don't get any new updates etc like was talked about when I put it up. If there is already a forum with no new info why do you need two????
I would move all the posts over to the drag racing section so no posts would be lost just so you all know.

Let me know what you think about that?

Brian

·
Premium Member
997 Posts

what should we do?-

Adapt and survive!!! VW racing is dye and has been. Piggy back with another sucessfull racing organization that is thriving. WCHRA could absorb everyone- They have the same bracket style classes plus all the heads up PRA does and some. TT5 is perfect heads up class that the pro mods could compete in if they changed the weight scale. Its all about making the classes competative and WCHRA has proved tehy are dedicated to that. If there is a class like super street that doesnt fit talk with Tim. He listens to his racers- Last year a few voiced an opinion about having a budget heads up class- He gave them Limited ten five. And what do you know- it was a huge sucess just like martys outlaw class is. And there are dozen of others building around the limited rules. They already have a pheonix , vegas, sac and bako races- ALthough i think sac is out this year.

Knee jerk reaction is people want all vw events- Well there are still bug ins and such. If things keep up and pra events keep following the trend of the last few years we wont have any events accept in LA. The payouts and contigency are incredible and track prep second to none. Its a win win for everyone- TIm gets more members and another attraction VWS racing v8's . ANd the VW crowd gets better track prep- higher payouts- and an organization that is organized! Not to mention laufers and marty, doug harvey could all have clases to compete.

Flame on

·
Premium Member
997 Posts

DLX-Fe said:

:agree:

1 - 20 of 724 Posts