Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a beefy trans for my Thing so I can really see what it will run. Cabby is getting new suspension bushings and struts as well as a new gas tank. the Punisher is getting a carbon seal and some Wilwood front brakes.
What's happening in your shop?

·
Registered
113 Posts
hopefuly selling All my V8 stuff&new racecar. then I can start on my vw stuff. intill then theres no room for another car in there.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Got my Posi ordered -- -- so everything is coming apart to go back together AGAIN

some clutch maintenance too

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
New shortblock consisting of CB case, 78mm standard dowel and glandnut crank and 5.6" rods. Same heads, cam and everything else. Trans is being freshened, and I'll be moving away from the McLeod "J&G" style clutch (Heavy plate) to a dual disc Kennedy.

Since I don't rev the piss out of the motor anymore, I think a flanged crank, type 4 main set-up is unnecessary. It'll be a bit narrower, so I'll have to tweak my header some.

I've been running a 5lb spring in the waste gate to run 10.60. With this set-up, I'll most likely have to turn the wick WAY up on the boost to compensate.

Maybe to 7 or 8 lbs

·
Registered
964 Posts
Starting on a new chassis for a purpose built land speed race car. A new buggy whose sole purpose is to hit the 2.25 mile track at Bonneville. Will be heavy, around 1300lbs with water tanks to balast up another 300lbs for better traction. 2x4 steel tube for lower rails and full funnycar style cage. Side pods and front airdam are being drawn up.

brad

·
Registered
882 Posts
I've been running a 5lb spring in the waste gate to run 10.60. With this set-up, I'll most likely have to turn the wick WAY up on the boost to compensate.

Maybe to 7 or 8 lbs
I said it to you and the other Mike in Sac, and I'll say it again...i kinda hate the both of you.
Good luck next season, alway love watching the Ghia doin' its thing!

·
Registered
113 Posts
parts are piling up,new tit valves, beryllium seats tit retainers,tit keepers,dlc lashcaps,casidum wristpins,burns ss merged collector,if I dont start worken on this stuff soon Im gonna explode.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts