Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well winter is coming in a hurry hear in the north east. So what is every one doing for next years season??

Wayne

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
I've been working on The Punisher. Tearing the motor down just to make sure what I'm working with. I'm going to pull a head to verify the bore
but they appear to be 96.6 Autocraft cyl. I'll check the stroke and try to figure out what cam is in it. All indications are a well built 2442!
The Thing is going to get a new starter, a Kafer bar and possibly some trans upgrades.
The flooring business is real busy right now. Yea! We also refinanced our house and are building a 40x40 garage where our swimming pool
used to be. Construction will start in about 3 weeks and should be done before Christmas. It will be nice to finally be able to park my daily drivers
indoors! The trailer will also have it's own bay to keep it inside. It will get a lot of stuff out of my race shop.
Anybody else got anything going on this winter?

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Can't wait to see the new car run Doug.

I am doing a gear change on my drag car and NOTHING ELSE!

My street car is getting taller gears for highway driving, fixing an oil leak, replacing a bent control arm from where a drunk driver sideswiped me and now the left rear tire is wearing weird. Also replacing all "soft parts" on the rear suspension to fix a clunk. Possibly turning the wick up a little on the engine too!

I am already in the process of building a lower geared trans for the buggy and making a preheater for the intake so I can run it through the winter. The 3.88 trans with 3.78 first and tall tires is tough to drive through the woods. My clutch (and left leg) will appreciate the lower gears.

I may also start work on my wife's 51 Ford truck. I have a 79 Lincoln parts car that I am planning on using the 400 engine, C6 trans, and 9" rear from.

·
Registered
544 Posts
New narrowed beam and Porsche brake conversion to go on my 65 cal look.

Baja is going to get a link pin frame head conversion and beam push forward to lengthen the wheel base.

Steve

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
muffinwoman said:
Send that thing to bville with a blank check. We'll send it back much faster! :snoopy:

Stop reading my mind!

It's official. Doug has lost it. First a 2332 IDA'd Thing, a turbo drag bug.....now a watercoooled drop top!
AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Dougzilla said:
Stop reading my mind!

It's official. Doug has lost it. First a 2332 IDA'd Thing, a turbo drag bug.....now a watercoooled drop top!
AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!
You know, your Mother always told me you were hanging around with that McNair boy too much! Now look what kind of trouble he's gotten you in!

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Next he will want to put a dam hair dryer on it..... water and hair dryers what next.....

Wayne

That car looks great can't wait to drive it....

·
Registered
206 Posts
New bus 6 rib box for me. Opens the door for more boost.

I know Daryl is thrashing on his new chassis notchback.

Eric is stepping it up too.

Should have seriously fast VWs out there this year.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
This one is for Erica to race maybe we can beat Tom by quantity if not quality anyway the more the merrier right? I couldn't pass it up for the money will be concentrating on the new motor for the Ghia with the rest of the racing budget right now.Plus it will be a good winter-run around car for fun

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Well my Cabriolet has zero compression in #4 cyl. We are investigating further and we feel
it is a valve problem. We'll be pulling the head for a valve job right after New Years. Car is too nice not to fix it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts