Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the old girl up to Shakespeare County Raceway on Sunday for 'Gary's Picnic'.
The weather was ideal, dry, cold and very windy although it was a rare tailwind!! :thumbsup:
After a few tweeks here and there and no wheel spinning as per usual, I recorded 4 PB's in my first 2 runs

Best:-

Reaction time - 0.14
60ft - 1.9
Terminal speed - 90mph
ET - 14.77

Not bad for an old Dormobile with original interior, pop-top, roofrack, street tyres and crap in cupboards lol. Even the glitterball got a mention from the commentators

Surprised myself to be honest as I thought early 15's were achieveable with a good run but i'm over the moon to get into the 14's.
Chuffed to have had the front wheels air born too :jig:
Possibly the fastest street driven Dormobile in the UK? I don't know but i'm very proud of her

Chris

P.S - I race in the Outlaw Street Series and won my 1st trophy for 'Best Reaction Time' of the weekend :happy: Not bad for an old vdub up against mainly V8 yanks, some of which run 9's lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got to check this site more often.

Congrats once again Chris. Well into the 14's is amazing. And you beat Holmsen's time, now he has to fight back at SCC :D

And both you and Alex have managed wheelies, what a season this has been so far! Good to see people have their cameras ready when you race, no less than 4 good shots of the wheelie :)

I am still hoping to see you at SCC this year - with or without your bus :)

Espen

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Dude, that is awesome. Can't say enough about the Buses. You might need to get a hold of B Watts and see if he can send you a few UAC stickers for the next photo shoot, at the track.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts