Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making it a goal of 2016 to finish the engine for my squareback. I'll be building a 1904 for the heavy car so I want a head that'll build some torque. I'm thinking 40X37.5 valves and around 9.0:1 CR. Who is building a good set of heads these days?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm making it a goal of 2016 to finish the engine for my squareback. I'll be building a 1904 for the heavy car so I want a head that'll build some torque. I'm thinking 40X37.5 valves and around 9.0:1 CR. Who is building a good set of heads these days?
Steve Tims:)

·
Registered
476 Posts
The 044's have the advantage of added material around the intakes for larger porting. This also closes off/crowds some of the openings for cooling passages. The Revmaster heads have excellent cooling passages, but are limited in intake port sizing. So if you don't need a huge ported heads, the Revmaster heads have a little better cooling efficiency.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am curious how your build turns out. I am going to build a 1904 that will probably be close to what you do so will be watching how things turn out for ya.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts